Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our season is as good as over.

Yeah, it’s not like we reached a CL final and top 4 without Kane last season. Or did we...

We do need to sign a striker, though. It’s not right to have Kane play so many minutes, he needs a credible backup and also the team needs to start winning games properly and not having to scrap like dogs for 90 minutes. Then we can sub him off and protect him when games are over after 70 minutes. He shouldn’t be having to charge around desperately for 90 minutes because the rest of the players can’t do their jobs.

Our season is as good as over.
giphy.gif

Wow. Season is nowhere near over. So much still left to play for, you've given up way too easily.

I love Kane but in a lot of the games he was injured last season we actually played pretty well and picked up results (hoping for the same). Might make us play a bit more than relying on route 1 and Kane trying to hold it up/flick it on, which seems to be our game at the moment.

Optimism :mourthumb:

He said that he is not ready to shoulder the responsibility of replacing Kane. Which is absolutely true, he’s a 17 year old kid. Kane is one of the best strikers in the world. He didn’t say he wouldn’t be playing more minutes now that Kane is injured.
These are the quotes I saw.

"I think too soon," said Mourinho, when asked about Parrott potential to fill the Kane void. "I think one thing is potential and another thing is conditions to express potential and I think he needs time.

"Having minutes, being involved is one thing. Another thing is what you call the direct replacement (for Kane). To be that he needs to work. There are many different processes of a player to develop.

"The next step for him is to sign a new contract at the club long-term and then it is for everyone to decide what is the best for his development. In this club we care about our players. It is also to find the best pathway to develop."

We will do fine without Kane, as we can’t do much fucking worse !

no, seriously I don’t see this as a problem at all on current evidence. It gives the manager justification to change the shape of the team and It puts Son in a position where he is most dangerous.

Kane is so good that he should always play if fit, but an effective player is not an effective team and this could well be a catalyst for a necessary change, even if it stems the current attacking drive.

Harry is world class and the sooner he is back the better, but until then it’s all systems go and let’s finally embrace some change to the team, where we would be royally in trouble is if Son is injured or we don’t get some back up for Son in this Window.

When managers and posters alike believe a player is a machine this kind of sh!t happens.

How many times have I said we need another out and out striker?

We live in a fool's paradise of ignorance.

Hear, hear, but Levi will not splash the cash. Therefore he tries to get either over-the-hill players or unproven talents that don't cost too much. All our problems are down to Levi's avarice and it is not likely to change.

Back
Top Bottom