Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching the match yesterday, I saw a team in white having all the pocession but not really creating anything against a team mainly defending but then having a couple of worrying moments for the home team. Then a goal was gifted followed by 2 penalties which never seems to happen for us. It became easier after that.
Looking at the players yesterday, how many of England's players would be better than the players Spurs have? Whilst we would all name different players, on balance yesterday's team was not better than Spurs team re Newcastle. I think England got the breaks given them by the opposition which we did not.

Sounds like a daft question after a hat trick but was he decent yesterday? Bit more sprightly than the last couple of weeks?

Looked monstrous in the second half v Villa, but a bit like he’s wearing diving boots all other times.

Sounds like a daft question after a hat trick but was he decent yesterday? Bit more sprightly than the last couple of weeks?

Looked monstrous in the second half v Villa, but a bit like he’s wearing diving boots all other times.

Invisible for most of the first, more of a presence in the second thanks to goals and pressing. Didn't look too happy for some reason.

Invisible for most of the first, more of a presence in the second thanks to goals and pressing. Didn't look too happy for some reason.
He doesn’t look happy does he? Even scoring against that lot, he was more angry and “told you so” than the explosion of joy we normally see. He seems fit. Looks lean. Had a break over summer.

Maybe trouble at home? Doubt it’s contractural. Style of play? Where he is playing? Seems that if he was having a hump about anything Spurs related, he’d be a shining light for England.

He doesn’t look happy does he? Even scoring against that lot, he was more angry and “told you so” than the explosion of joy we normally see. He seems fit. Looks lean. Had a break over summer.

Maybe trouble at home? Doubt it’s contractural. Style of play? Where he is playing? Seems that if he was having a hump about anything Spurs related, he’d be a shining light for England.
you're drama queen aren't you

Has anyone noticed that up until about 2 seasons ago quite often Kane would sprint at the opposition goalkeeper when their goalie had the ball. Every now and then and something would come of it. Alli used to do it as well.

Anyway Kane got injured and since he came back he rarely does it. He hasn't really been the same player since that injury. He is an absolutely brilliant player and I am sure that he could play as a 10 or an attacking midfielder.

Maybe Poch changing formations and tactics is partly about trying to work out how best to accommodate our best player.

Harry has been our top goal scorer for the last 5 seasons and will be top scorer this season.
He is our 4th highest goal scorer of all time. He needs 10 goals to be our 3rd best total goal scorer of all time.
He needs 10 more league goals to be our 3rd highest scorer.
Before the end of November he will be 3rd behind Greaves and Smith in both lists. Not sluggish at all.
He now only needs 7 goals to be our 3rd highest goalscorer. Predicted he would achieve that before the end of November - looks like he will do it before the end of October.
He only needs 4 more goals to be in the top ten England scorers.
He's the GOAT and doesn't have to change a thing in his game. He's 26 and could be top class for another 8 to 10 years. I reckon he will keep in better shape than Shearer who scored 22 EPL goals for blimmin' Newcastle when he was 33 yo.

Agree. Something seems to be bothering him

“Somethings bothering him”

Maybe the fact we lost a champions league final a few months ago? Or maybe he isn’t happy with the teams form as a whole.

He’s getting to that age now where he needs to start winning things, although I think he holds himself responsible as much as the team or manager.

I quite like the idea of a Kane that is focused on celebrating an actual achievement rather than every little goal scored along the way.

I don't think Harry has ever "dived" in the sense that every time he has gone down there has been contact.

Has he embellished? Yes.
Has he gone looking for it? Absolutely.
Is this something every forward/striker in the world does because winning a penalty is huge? Yep yep yep!

As much as I love Harry, this definitive of a statement is just stupid in light of how easily he goes down at times. He always gets a bare minimum of contact, but this is such a bullshit technicality to hang himself on that it is silly.

I understand not wanting to admit that you dive or go down overly easy, but maybe just don't blatantly lie about it either.

Back
Top Bottom