Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

any stats on missed open goals? Moura coudl have done better v Newcastle... if we dont convert them we're in trouble... are other teams missing the same chances eg LFC, Citeh?
No no Moura's open goal miss was Kane's fault for playing in the CL final. Same with Son losing the ball all the time, Kane being on the pitch puts him off.

It’s difficult to sprint when there 10 players in your way.
Kane and Alli used to work well, Kane would pull wide, usually to the left as he liked to turn with his back to goal and be on his right foot when cutting in again.
Alli almost by instinct went right to the position Kane just left, forcing the centre half to make one of two decisions, follow Kane or mark Alli, Centre half’s don’t like to be pulled wide and more often than not stayed, Alli would simply start moving back out again splitting both Centre half’s leaving that gap for Kane to let fly with a shot when he turned back inside again, shot after shot after shot.
When a Centre half had no option but to follow Kane (normally against teams who’s wide player didn’t track back) Kane and our fullback back would double up and get those crosses into Alli, who was one on one with the remaining centre half, Alli scored a lot of goals this way.

Son, Moura, Lamella etc etc are more direct runners with the ball, and at times this is why it looks like they can’t play with Kane, I mean where can they run too if it’s all central and congested? They dont have the smarts Alli has, they just want to get the ball at feet and go......

If we are to play them in the same team then it has to be wide in a 433, the problem here is at the expense of who? Ndombele and Eriksen are a must in that 3, and Winks would be the logical 3rd man offering a little more protection to a increasingly vulnerable back line, a 433 also needs centre half’s with blistering pace, not just for tracking back but for going forward to turn those 50/50 loose balls that get hacked up field by the defending team under constant pressure, watch how many times during a game VVD leaves his line to win those balls 15/20 yards up field.

We are at a point where again recruitment has given us too many square pegs for round holes, and Pochettino has to find a way to integrate those players into a formation that gets maximum return from them, 433 isn’t the answer as we are too loose at the back , 442 isn’t the answer as our fullbacks are championship level at the minute, the Diamond isn’t the answer as it smothers Kane and offers no pressure in the final 3rd.......is start with offering up that defensive midfielder Dier, and go back to 4231 pushing the fullbacks on, but good luck Poch whatever you decide......

Who would form the 2-3-1 in your mind?

Kane obviously the 1, with Alli centre of the 3, to each side of him I’d have Son and for now Eriksen. The two would have to be Dier and N’dombele.

That’s what I do, too. If Alli is out, I’d move Eriksen to the centre and put Lucas on the right. Moura can come in as a substitute for Son and Eriksen.

Would love to have Dybala in the center position in this formation with Son to his left and Eriksen / Alli to his right.

That’s what I do, too. If Alli is out, I’d move Eriksen to the centre and put Lucas on the right. Moura can come in as a substitute for Son and Eriksen.

Would love to have Dybala in the center position in this formation with Son to his left and Eriksen / Alli to his right.
If Alli was out I’d move N’dombele centre and add Winks, that centre role needs power as well as skill. Eriksen never thrives there, remember splitting/occupying the centre half was key here, Eriksen could never manage that the way Alli did at his peak.

If Alli was out I’d move N’dombele centre and add Winks, that centre role needs power as well as skill. Eriksen never thrives there, remember splitting/occupying the centre half was key here, Eriksen could never manage that the way Alli did at his peak.

Does that mean you don’t think a Dybala would be a good fit there? We could use him as a sort of second striker.

You know Lucas and Moura are the same person? :sonpoint:

Does that mean you don’t think a Dybala would be a good fit there? We could use him as a sort of second striker.
Absolutely know nothing about Dybala and I can not even remember if I ever seen him play, probably did but can’t remember.

So it’s hard to say, but I’d take a hungry Dale Alli right now over just about any player going.

ENGLAND
1ROONEY53
2CHARLTON49
3LINEKER48
4GREAVES44
5OWEN40
6LOFTHOUSE30
6SHEARER30
6FINNEY30
9LAMPARD29
9WOODWARD29
11BLOOMER28