Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I REALLY fucking hate this with every fibre of my being - to put it mildly.

j9zfqR4.png

They have invested in players but consistently the wrong ones.

We’re very good at backing the wrong horses.
When we've had the chance to push on and really challenge the board has held back, instead of showing real ambition to deliver the trophies Harry wants and deserves.

The board have neglected the squad and spent badly, however recently we are at least doing things right. Whoever it is running the football side of things seem to have a plan and know what they are doing.

We now have an attacking manager who wants to be here and we are building a good young squad. I'm sure Harry must have been tempted to stay but the league is really competitive now and it will probably take a while to be where we want to be.

It's really sad he never won anything here but football has a funny way sometimes...just like he will probably win a trophy in his first game for a new club we will probably be lifting a trophy at the end of the season without Harry Kane! 🙏

Kane is the best academy graduate in Spurs history.

Contentious.

Glenn Hoddle came through as well. Ghod won 3 major honours (incl UEFA cup 84) to Kane's none despite Kane having opportunities. Hoddle raised his game in some big matches and that is perhaps the one criticism of Kane. The 16/17 side is considerably better than that 80s team imo, although won less and hard to compare eras.

Steve Perryman another graduate who won 6 major honours, including 2 European honours.

For me, Kane, Greaves and Hoddle are our best players of all time. I know some very old timers though that would argue for Mackay/Blanchflower, and then even Ron Burgess (captain of the push and run league winners).

Kane is in the list of these names. Incredible achievement.

Two things:

1. We have a lot of dicks in our fanbase looking on twitter.

2. It hurts but it would be worse seeing him turning out for another PL club. So although he’s been let down by those that run the club and I did want to keep him, it’s obvious now he wouldn’t have signed a new contract and so it’s better he’s gone abroad.

Will always love H for everything he’s given us at the club. I feel lucky to have watched him live, back from coming through the youth ranks to being one of our best strikers ever. Was lucky enough to meet him at the Training Centre during the peak Poch years. He’s a very decent guy who loves the club. Would have been unthinkable that he’d leave us back then but a lot has moved on since, except our quality on the pitch.

I will also always hate Bayern - for the Jurgen saga, for being the bully boys in a tinpot league, for the 2012 CL final, for humiliating Poch’s knackered side, for this and for simply being a giant bunch of cunts.

Up The Spurs. We’re big Ange’s boys now.

:ange-arms:

It's done, he's gone, it's happened. Nothing we can do about it now apart from get behind the new manager and team and enjoy the upcoming season.

This circus is boring now, bring on Brentford.

Back
Top Bottom