Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just hope the money is well spent.
Funny how Sky aren't now obsessing about who WE'RE gonna buy... Y'know, with all that MONEY we've just 'inherited'!

I guess they'll go back to Man City/Utd/Liverpool/ Arse now they've got the outcome they wanted from us...

We're tomorrow's chip paper now....

...and to think, there are gonna be people waking up to this!!

Come On Reaction GIF
Would.

Yeah, but the main thing is to remember that this isn’t Ange’s fault.

I just hope ‘you know who’ doesn’t feed Ange, before he’s even had a fair chance, to the lions to protect himself

Yeah completely agree, I really do like Ange and the optimist in me hopes that he will make us say "Kane who?" within a few seasons.

I don't think anybody in their right mind should be blaming Ange if we have a terrible season, especially after we just sold a world class exceptional talent two days before the season starts.

But, like you just alluded to, the issue is, how much patience will he get with trigger happy slappy at the wheel.

All true, if you want to put a positive spin we bought his replacement last year. There are no decent cfs in the world.

Man u spent 80m in an injured striker who scored 8 goals
Aww man. I so hope Richarlison can put up double figures.
I genuinely don’t care who those red fuckers signed. The worse they are, the happier I will be. Aside from the bare fact that one of the best around may have gone to BM for not much more than that. Harsh reality as to where we are.

I wouldn’t be a spurs fan if I wasn’t absolutely terrified at the prospect of a misfiring Son & Richarlison taking us into the season. It sends me cold at what a husk up front we could have unless we’ve the next Kane lined up or players who can and will step up.

Whilst I agree the expectation lowers, I also think that with that, the morale of the supporters and players will likely lower also, especially considering that with the new stadium and post Poch we should have been looking upwards and this is just another example of a backwards step imo.
Still too worked up about it, but I really do think fans will get behind Ange and the team. I know there was some toxic stuff at the end of last season, but we’re not idiots and we know that they need all the support they can get. Because it will be fucking hard.

As and when the anger comes back, it won’t be directed at the manager.

It will will be directed at Levy and the board.

Yeah completely agree, I really do like Ange and the optimist in me hopes that he will make us say "Kane who?" within a few seasons.

I don't think anybody in their right mind should be blaming Ange if we have a terrible season, especially after we just sold a world class exceptional talent two days before the season starts.

But, like you just alluded to, the issue is, how much patience will he get with trigger happy slappy at the wheel.
DEFINITELY a lot more slack due to losing Kane, no doubt, no doubt

We've secured a world record fee for both a player over 30 and a player in the final year of his contract. We've also denied Kane to the rest of the Premier League.

Blame Levy for getting himself in this situation, but within the crisis of his own making he's played a blinder here.
The key words being : " a crisis of his own making "
Appalling mismanagement and recruitment decided either by the tightfisted scrooge or the staff he recruited.

Based on the above , we've almost given Kane away.

Only way we could have realised more money is if the religion of peace country came in for him. But theres no way Harry would have gone there.

He still wants to play and win.

It was one bid. I always thought 84m plus add ons was reasonable for a 30 year from a club our size. Despite how good he is.

As i posted some time ago. Why not get that money, get the 300 million from stadium naming rights. Give psg 90m for mbappe and him 150m over 4 years. Get the stands painted, half time oranges sorted and a new starter motor for the team bus. And still change for some toupee’s .

That would have been bold.

And under ffp it was possible.

The key words being : " a crisis of his own making "
Appalling mismanagement and recruitment decided either by the tightfisted scrooge or the staff he recruited.
He's personally, systematically destroyed everything that Poch built the past 5 years. Some of us have been shouting that from the hilltops as it was happening.

This isn't a happy day, it's a damned depressing one. But it is a chance to turn the page, and that has been desperately needed. And we do so now with a war chest to carry forward.

Still too worked up about it, but I really do think fans will get behind Ange and the team. I know there was some toxic stuff at the end of last season, but we’re not idiots and we know that they need all the support they can get. Because it will be fucking hard.

As and when the anger comes back, it won’t be directed at the manager.

It will will be directed at Levy and the board.
Yeah I agree, I think Ange has the personality to pull the supporters together, he is a likeable figure unlike Conte and Mourinho and he speaks from the heart which I really appreciate, honesty is something I can truly respect in a person.

I just think he has a huge job on his hands even with the lowered expectations now that Kane is leaving.

I hope he absolutely smashes it and makes us all happy as supporters but replacing Kane and his goals is not going to be easy and I just worry what impact that's going to have on our season.

But like you say, Levy has dug himself a hole with Ange because everyone seems to like him and if he does fail the blame will fall straight on Daniel because I think everyone understands how difficult the job is now.

We've secured a world record fee for both a player over 30 and a player in the final year of his contract. We've also denied Kane to the rest of the Premier League.

Blame Levy for getting himself in this situation, but within the crisis of his own making he's played a blinder here.

Agreed. Losing him for a free would have been a disaster.

This player has wanted to leave for years. The why around that is where you can aim criticism at Levy but he clearly tried to get him to stay. When it was clear he wouldn't (ages ago imo, if you weren't blind) then it was about securing a sale.

Watching Kane go to United for nothing would have been heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom