Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This hurts. Opening of the season will be brutal.

But Ange certainly looks like the sort of man that will relish the fight.

It’s a new era.

YIDS.
You put Kane on one side of ledger as a loss, but on the other you've got Kulu and Son back in good health, you get Saar, Udogie, Solomon, and van de Ven solid young players, add Maddison who should be very good, improved goaltending, Romero and Porro with a year's more experience. You could even argue that Richarlison will play up to his potential without worrying about playing time. Hate to see Kane go but I think it will be an interesting transitional season. I'm not a member of the Postecoglou fan club, but I do think he's got a plan he'll stick to and will bring a sense of direction. Looking forward to the season.

Last edited:
End of an era, in a way glad that the season to season merry go round of wondering if we’d lose him is over. A club junior who turns into the best striker in world football - we won’t see this again though lads. Best player I’ve personally seen in the shirt. Hard to lay the blame on levy for this besides obv not setting club up for success in the last few years on the pitch. The contract he signed him to was a steal and he was never going to re-sign. Glad he didn’t go to an English club. Love you Harry, thanks for the memories. That looping header to win NLD off a Bentaleb cross stands out. COYS.
I kind of agree but we managed Carrick, modric, Bale, eriksen.... We help amazing players be amazing. Difference is Kane stayed 2-3years after he 'should "have left

This fucking sucks. It's not even about the money, the goals, the tactics or anything else, it's just truly fucking devastating, losing our most iconic player who has been synonymous with the club for so long. I couldn't even imagine Spurs without Kane. Despite all the talk over the years about him leaving, it never felt real or at least it was always something very far away. And yet here we are, he is actually going, tomorrow.

I was actually looking forward to the new season. But now I don't even want to think about it. It really hurts.
Very well put, couldn't of put it better. My thoughts? Nothing to add, I'm utterly speechless.

We will of course move on, and in time will recover, but this is monumental and an incredibly devastating moment for the club and fans. It needs to be seriously reflected upon, so something of this nature never happens again.

This fucking sucks. It's not even about the money, the goals, the tactics or anything else, it's just truly fucking devastating, losing our most iconic player who has been synonymous with the club for so long. I couldn't even imagine Spurs without Kane. Despite all the talk over the years about him leaving, it never felt real or at least it was always something very far away. And yet here we are, he is actually going, tomorrow.

I was actually looking forward to the new season. But now I don't even want to think about it. It really hurts.
Everyone leaves eventually

Sad Michael Scott GIF

I think with Harry gone, the expectation of us lowers and the pressure is off.

Ange himself said in an interview I watched yesterday that the first few weeks are going to be turbulent. It’s so important that we get behind him and the rest of the team, and support them through it.

We’re not a one man club anymore

Whilst I agree the expectation lowers, I also think that with that, the morale of the supporters and players will likely lower also, especially considering that with the new stadium and post Poch we should have been looking upwards and this is just another example of a backwards step imo.

It's like playing for Barca and watching Messi leave, everyone wants to play with a player like that and watch a player like that, we don't have that player now, he's left because this club didn't match his ambitions, I think that sends a negative message, especially two days before the season starts.

The manager is going to have an even tougher job on his hands now because everyone will feel a sense of negativity around this, I do agree it's important people get behind him and the team but I do not envy him being in this position tbh.

I am just really struggling to see any positive from this situation, just seems like a huge mistake and another example of failure from the ownership of this football club.

I am fully behind Ange and the team but I am very concerned about the future of this club.

Everyone leaves eventually
This is true. He could stay to the end of his career and fans would still want him gone when approaching his sell by date. I don’t/ didn’t want him to leave and if it was happening it should have been done long ago in the close season. Not 3 days before the start of the new season. Unless every single deal we have been looking at falls squarely into place within a few days & gives the manager the time (!) to work with them, it’s awful timing for us as a club.
Dumpster Fire GIF

This is true. He could stay to the end of his career and fans would still want him gone when approaching his sell by date. I don’t/ didn’t want him to leave and if it was happening it should have been done long ago in the close season. Not 3 days before the start of the new season. Unless every single deal we have been looking at falls squarely into place within a few days & gives the manager the time (!) to work with them, it’s awful timing for us as a club.
All true, if you want to put a positive spin we bought his replacement last year. There are no decent cfs in the world.

Man u spent 80m in an injured striker who scored 8 goals

Whilst I agree the expectation lowers, I also think that with that, the morale of the supporters and players will likely lower also, especially considering that with the new stadium and post Poch we should have been looking upwards and this is just another example of a backwards step imo.

It's like playing for Barca and watching Messi leave, everyone wants to play with a player like that and watch a player like that, we don't have that player now, he's left because this club didn't match his ambitions, I think that sends a negative message, especially two days before the season starts.

The manager is going to have an even tougher job on his hands now because everyone will feel a sense of negativity around this, I do agree it's important people get behind him and the team but I do not envy him being in this position tbh.

I am just really struggling to see any positive from this situation, just seems like a huge mistake and another example of failure from the ownership of this football club.

I am fully behind Ange and the team but I am very concerned about the future of this club.

Yeah, but the main thing is to remember that this isn’t Ange’s fault.

I just hope ‘you know who’ doesn’t feed Ange, before he’s even had a fair chance, to the lions to protect himself

Would've been interesting to see how HK went in Ange's system - he would've had a bucketload of chances. Suspect he'd made up his mind to go before Ange arrived and started weaving his magic.

Just hope the money is well spent.

Back
Top Bottom