Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait to see how he starts next season. Recent years he's been over-worked in the summer and slow starting afterwards. But as an elite player now there is no guide for how he will do with a real break. Plus there's the wembley pitch to adjust to.
My guess is he's a clever lad and will come back hungry

Can't wait to see how he starts next season. Recent years he's been over-worked in the summer and slow starting afterwards. But as an elite player now there is no guide for how he will do with a real break. Plus there's the wembley pitch to adjust to.
My guess is he's a clever lad and will come back hungry
I'm a bit nervy about Wembley but next year could be something special.

With all this talk of Shearer vs Kane I think we need to remember goals per 90... Kane has already surpassed Shearer's best in that respect. It's actually scary what he might do with an uninterrupted season.

Kane is very target oriented, excuse the pun.

Hell, he wanted the Golden Boot with just 2 games left and he scored 7 goals ffs.

His next step will be to BETTER last season and his ultimate goal will be to surpass Shearer's record. Barring a career threatening injury, I can't see how he doesn't beat it.

I make no apology for posting this vid in Kane's thread. I hope he watches this, is inspired by it and is reminded (not that I think he needs to be yet) what it means to fans when one of their own wears our shirt.

It's even nicer to see that Totti himself acknowledges the vid.

Yeah this makes the Roma fans look cute as long as you don't think too hard about the incidents where Italian fans chased down opposing fans, stabbing them in the buttocks.

Also, it's nice if Totti is a model for HK to spend his career with us. But Totti had that little thing going where he didn't have to play for a shite national team, actually won a World Cup winners medal so maybe didn't have so much need to go elsewhere to prove anything. Course, as long as we bag some silverware it's all good....

Kane is very target oriented, excuse the pun.

Hell, he wanted the Golden Boot with just 2 games left and he scored 7 goals ffs.

His next step will be to BETTER last season and his ultimate goal will be to surpass Shearer's record. Barring a career threatening injury, I can't see how he doesn't beat it.

Kane has 21 league goals in 2017 so far. So his next goal will be to beat Shearer's calendar year record which stands at 36 goals. This record was set in 1995. This was when the league changed from 22 to 20 teams, so for the first half of that year there were more teams playing in the league and I presume therefore that Shearer had an extra game or two than Kane will get this year but I haven't checked to make sure. Kane obviously needs another 16 league goals before Jan 2018 to beat that record. Unless he gets injured I think he will do it.

He'd then be in a good position to beat the season record which is 31 goals in a 38 games. It would be very difficult, but not impossible, for Kane to beat the 34 goal record which was set in a 42 game season.

Kane has 21 league goals in 2017 so far. So his next goal will be to beat Shearer's calendar year record which stands at 36 goals. This record was set in 1995. This was when the league changed from 22 to 20 teams, so for the first half of that year there were more teams playing in the league and I presume therefore that Shearer had an extra game or two than Kane will get this year but I haven't checked to make sure. Kane obviously needs another 16 league goals before Jan 2018 to beat that record. Unless he gets injured I think he will do it.

He'd then be in a good position to beat the season record which is 31 goals in a 38 games. It would be very difficult, but not impossible, for Kane to beat the 34 goal record which was set in a 42 game season.
I don't want to come across as a Debbie Downer, but I do think we need to be careful about managing expectations. Hyperbole will just increase the pressure on him, and we've got to click quickly at Wembley for the sort of numbers you are talking about. And there will be many in the press and rival fanbases that will look to jump on any fallow period as proof that he is not truly world class. The great thing about Harry is that he has a real aura of self confidence (arrogance, maybe) that means he won't let it get to him if he does have difficult spells.

I'm confident he has the ability and hunger to smash all these records, and if we can keep the team together then I think that, come this time next year we'll be talking about Tottenham's "4 season wonder"

:kanegoal:

I don't want to come across as a Debbie Downer, but I do think we need to be careful about managing expectations. Hyperbole will just increase the pressure on him, and we've got to click quickly at Wembley for the sort of numbers you are talking about. And there will be many in the press and rival fanbases that will look to jump on any fallow period as proof that he is not truly world class. The great thing about Harry is that he has a real aura of self confidence (arrogance, maybe) that means he won't let it get to him if he does have difficult spells.

I'm confident he has the ability and hunger to smash all these records, and if we can keep the team together then I think that, come this time next year we'll be talking about Tottenham's "4 season wonder"

:kanegoal:

It's not hyperbole though, he is ahead of the average he needs to achieve it this year so there is every chance he will break the record and I think the handicap of Wembley is overplayed. Wembley will cost us points this coming season, that's virtually certain, but we're still going to win most of our games there. I don't think Kane feels pressure in a negative way anyway, I agree with you that he has a very strong self belief, I don't think he is arrogant at all, it all comes from him knowing what he can do. If people question his ability again he will simply use that as motivation to prove them wrong yet again. Obviously, if he gets of to a slow start again then he may find it hard to break the record, but he does have a summer off this year so I think he'll get going earlier this season.

Harry Kane is Simply the best player we've had in the last 30 years probably time will prove he's the best we've ever had.

Tough one that but I do agree with it just about. We've had some very good players over the years, but have any of them scored so many goals so consistently? I can't think of any. We've obviously had players like King but you can't really compare a defender with a forward. Ginola in his era was exceptional, but Kane is better. The spectacle that was Bale stands out to me for his incredible abilities in a mediocre team, up until now he was for me the best Spurs player in my lifetime, but I think all round Kane is better all things considered. I do agree that time will prove him to be the best player we've ever had.

well, just my opinion obvs, and

I'm one of the oldies on here so I'm probably too miserable/cynical but
Harry, god bless him and I hope he stays with us for the rest of his career, will never be a 'better player' than Gazza, or Hoddle, or Blanchflower, or White, or Greaves, or White, or Mackay, perhaps Gilzean, Jennings, the list goes on and on….

better goalscorer, sure - and thats a wondrous thing, once in a generation, but better player - not for me, probably not even the best player in this current remarkable team.

DBPx5jTXsAAKeTc.jpg:large

Takes his family to the new stadium building site for a holiday .

True Yid

well, just my opinion obvs, and

I'm one of the oldies on here so I'm probably too miserable/cynical but
Harry, god bless him and I hope he stays with us for the rest of his career, will never be a 'better player' than Gazza, or Hoddle, or Blanchflower, or White, or Greaves, or White, or Mackay, perhaps Gilzean, Jennings, the list goes on and on….

better goalscorer, sure - and thats a wondrous thing, once in a generation, but better player - not for me, probably not even the best player in this current remarkable team.

I find that a bit daft , if he repeats what he's done for us since he broke into the team for the next 6 or 7 years and we win things he has got to be in the argument

I find that a bit daft , if he repeats what he's done for us since he broke into the team for the next 6 or 7 years and we win things he has got to be in the argument

OK SSY - I'll meet you half way

If he does, as you say, repeat what he's been doing for the next 7 years and we win things then, yes, I agree, he'll definitely be in the argument.

But he is not now, as you originally said, "the best player we've had in the last 30 years".

What a nice argument to be having - one that might also apply to 4 or 5 others in the same team - I certainly think that both Dele and his mate could become legends, so too any of the back 5, if they stay…..

Comparing different positions seems impossible. Is he better than Jennings? I don't know what that even means. But is he our best striker ever?

Well imagine if he never played another game for us. Probably not our best then right? Stop crying

But imagine if he had just 2 more seasons playing AT THE SAME LEVEL. Break out the smiles. We have a points total that many years would win the league. He could win the boot 4YEARS ON THE TROT. Our best striker ever? Probably. So he needs a few more seasons with no improvement at all? Makes it interesting.

Btw I don't at all agree with the comment above about arrogance. Watch his goals through this season and you see his confidence increase. But I've never heard arrogance in interviews.

Takes his family to the new stadium building site for a holiday .

True Yid
Look at the TITS ON HIM!
I'm guessing that's somewhere in the UAE? Expect the Daily Shitter to see that, and come up with some convoluted 'Kane on his way to Man City or ArseAnal after holidaying in the Emirates' headline in the coming days!

OK SSY - I'll meet you half way

If he does, as you say, repeat what he's been doing for the next 7 years and we win things then, yes, I agree, he'll definitely be in the argument.

But he is not now, as you originally said, "the best player we've had in the last 30 years".

What a nice argument to be having - one that might also apply to 4 or 5 others in the same team - I certainly think that both Dele and his mate could become legends, so too any of the back 5, if they stay…..

I think he is the best player we've had in the last 30 years I wouldn't even entertain an argument on it unless you were talking about Bale.

Back
Top Bottom