Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus Everyone begging Kane to leave,
Some folks deal in reality...you should try it.

some of you hate Enic more than you support Tottenham.
This is the Harry Kane thread...no need to bring ENIC into it even though we know it that last words you say at night and the first you say in the morning pledging your fealty.

he may well leave but fucking hell don't be wishing it!
show us where anyone 'wished it'? We'll wait... Learn to put your club before any 1 player or a chairman before you chime in talking this nonsense.

Harry on the boos after the game last night: "I totally understand it. Top four [alone] is not good enough for anyone at this club, especially the fans. They have the right to voice their opinion," said Kane.

Meanwhile Conte says making the top 4 at Tottenham is a miracle. Manager and players aren’t even close to being on the same page

Kane is a great player. His stats speak for themselves. However he does not help us in the big games.

He has started 14 European knockout ties. Guess how many goals he’s scored?

2 goals and 1 own goal

He’s started in 3 finals. How many goals has he scored?

0 goals

Kane is not a difference maker in the biggest games.
As much as I love Kane, that has always been my criticism of him.. although its not completely all his fault, he did under perform...

Some folks deal in reality...you should try it.

This is the Harry Kane thread...no need to bring ENIC into it even though we know it that last words you say at night and the first you say in the morning pledging your fealty.

show us where anyone 'wished it'? We'll wait... Learn to put your club before any 1 player or a chairman before you chime in talking this nonsense.
ah here you are again getting personal.

I literally said in my post "it may well happen"

there's literally 2 pages back saying "I want him to leave for his own sake" and "please leave"

"we know it that last words you say at night and the first you say in the morning pledging your fealty. "
this is weird and untrue. I don't know what your problem is. I've no interest in getting personal with you.

Just gonna ignore your posts in future. you know nothing about me. at least JT can be respectful even if we don't agree.

Last edited:
ah here you are again getting personal.
spare me playing the victim...no one has gotten personal

there's literally 2 pages back saying "I want him to leave for his own sake" and "please leave"
Neither of those are quoted (properly, with context) nor qualify as part of your mischaracterization of "wishing it"...it's being human FFS.

Just gonna ignore your posts in future. you know nothing about me. at least JT can be respectful even if we don't agree.
do as you see fit my man. No one's gotten personal with you but spare me playing the fucking victim. Have you seen my posts? You think I give a shit whether you or anyone else ignores my posts? I am always respectful and pay that which is deserving but I don't suffer fools or bad faith gladly. Perhaps you do.

spare me playing the victim...no one has gotten personal

Neither of those are quoted (properly, with context) nor qualify as part of your mischaracterization of "wishing it"...it's being human FFS.

do as you see fit my man. No one's gotten personal with you but spare me playing the fucking victim. Have you seen my posts? You think I give a shit whether you or anyone else ignores my posts? I am always respectful and pay that which is deserving but I don't suffer fools or bad faith gladly. Perhaps you do.
Fine. I apologise then.

I'll leave it at that.

no interest in beef.

I just want a change. We’ve tried the Harry Kane approach for almost a decade and it hasn’t worked.

Building teams around a superstar that can’t make a difference in the finals doesn’t work, no matter how phenomenal they are. He’s a living legend for us, a magnificent footballer, but we need a different approach.

If he wants to stay, fine. I’m not exactly willing him gone, but I prey the next manager doesn’t build a team around him in the hope that he’ll make the difference in the trophy games, because he never has. That’s the definition of madness. No right to free kicks; no guarantee of starting when he’s clearly not in form and don’t be afraid to sub him when this legs are tired. And if he’s happy with that, then sure, stay. We need Harry. But sometimes we don’t.

I just want a change. We’ve tried the Harry Kane approach for almost a decade and it hasn’t worked.

Building teams around a superstar that can’t make a difference in the finals doesn’t work, no matter how phenomenal they are. He’s a living legend for us, a magnificent footballer, but we need a different approach.

If he wants to stay, fine. I’m not exactly willing him gone, but I prey the next manager doesn’t build a team around him in the hope that he’ll make the difference in the trophy games, because he never has. That’s the definition of madness. No right to free kicks; no guarantee of starting when he’s clearly not in form and don’t be afraid to sub him when this legs are tired. And if he’s happy with that, then sure, stay. We need Harry. But sometimes we don’t.
It works if you have a competent owner who backs and supports his team so they can win.

I’ve felt like this for a while. On his day, Harry is unbeatable but we are so fucking reliant on him it ends up fucking us over when he’s off boil. The stale tactics don’t help either but yeah, we’re so flat when Kane isn’t playing well, it’d be nice to promote a style of football where goals can come from anywhere.

He’s been our talisman for so long it’s hard to imagine what we’ll look like without him, but if he won’t sign an extension I’d rather we get something for him in the summer rather than lose him for nothing 12 months later.

I have to disagree. I don’t see a world where we’re better without him. He’s our heartbeat.

I appreciate he won’t play forever But he’s 29 and has loads left and it would break my heart seeing him score goals for those cunts at united

Bayern I could tolerate

I have to disagree. I don’t see a world where we’re better without him. He’s our heartbeat.

I appreciate he won’t play forever But he’s 29 and has loads left and it would break my heart seeing him score goals for those cunts at united

Bayern I could tolerate
We were here before Kane and we will be here after Kane.

We won trophies without Kane and 0 with him.

Its not the end of the world.... lol

Cam I be controversial?

I think it's time for him to leave especially if we want to move on as a club, having players like Kane, Son and Lloris still at this club just represents stagnation, just constantly relying on these players to come up with the good is a detriment to the rest of the team.

We IMO need to become a team again and not be so Kane obsessed, we've been hanging our hopes onto this guy for too long and we have nothing to show for it.

Also if we're going to have a manager who likes to press high then Kane struggles to do that, you can't build your entire philosophy on a player who doesn't run to trigger your press, it's pointless.

At the end of the day we fucked it, we just got to own the L and let him move on and allow him to win his trophies, get some money for him and spend it on a couple of high pressing forwards or something.

The End.

Cam I be controversial?

I think it's time for him to leave especially if we want to move on as a club, having players like Kane, Son and Lloris still at this club just represents stagnation, just constantly relying on these players to come up with the good is a detriment to the rest of the team.

We IMO need to become a team again and not be so Kane obsessed, we've been hanging our hopes onto this guy for too long and we have nothing to show for it.

Also if we're going to have a manager who likes to press high then Kane struggles to do that, you can't build your entire philosophy on a player who doesn't run to trigger your press, it's pointless.

At the end of the day we fucked it, we just got to own the L and let him move on and allow him to win his trophies, get some money for him and spend it on a couple of high pressing forwards or something.

The End.
its not controversial at all.

We need an overhaul and start new. But with a cunt owner like Levy....

Bayern I could tolerate
Definitely hate the thought of him at Utd.

Hope he does. We don’t deserve him. It’s not out of hatred but out of love for the player who has given us so much but the club gives so little in return.

I don’t want to see him stuck at this dead-end, going nowhere club. Go off and win things - you’ve done your bit for us.

Plus having him isn’t getting us anywhere. He’s great but not Messi. We will win nothing with or without him.

Back
Top Bottom