Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane, fantastic player he has been ain't taking no team to glory.

If we get better alongside him he should stay but he ain't got enough in the tank or maybe in the mind to overcome any limitation around him.

If Mbappe and Messi can't, with respect neither can Kane.

So get a better manager/players, stay. If not he will soon find out that the grass over wherever is not so green.

Best days are behind him.

Last edited:
Kane is a great player. His stats speak for themselves. However he does not help us in the big games.

He has started 14 European knockout ties. Guess how many goals he’s scored?

2 goals and 1 own goal

He’s started in 3 finals. How many goals has he scored?

0 goals

Kane is not a difference maker in the biggest games.

Kane is a great player. His stats speak for themselves. However he does not help us in the big games.

2 goals and 1 own goal

0 goals

100% agree, or that/and that he needs even better players than he is around him, to not be that person of highest expectation.

No idea why people are saying please leave. If we sell Harry Kane you can absolutely guarantee we don’t replace him adequately and then watch him winning major trophies with Utd. Why would anyone want to see this?

Obviously the best thing is for him to extend his contract, but who could honestly blame him if he doesn't? Let's be honest, we don't deserve him.

Personally, for sentimental reasons, I wouldn't sell him. I would let him play out his contract with the last year basically as a farewell and a testimonial. The club can't do that though, if he won't extend he has to be sold and the proceeds used to carry on the rebuild.

We are gathering a decent amount of young talent, we need a manager who can work with that group, maybe Poch, wouldn't be mad at it. I hope they keep Ryan Mason involved.

No idea why people are saying please leave. If we sell Harry Kane you can absolutely guarantee we don’t replace him adequately and then watch him winning major trophies with Utd. Why would anyone want to see this?
No one wants to see this. But he's only got 1 contract season after this and it doesn't look like he's staying so why not participate in that process in order to get something out of it today as opposed to getting nothing out of it tomorrow? No player is bigger than the club...even though folks keeps expressing that HK is bigger than Spurs all the time. It's sad.

Personally, I'd rather see him win the quadruple and bag 50 goals for United than sit through another fucking season of this HK-led turtle shit we are serving up for the last 4 seasons...but that's just me and I don't expect anyone else's desires to align with mine.

I think the entire trajectory of this man's sporting life Would have been different if Levy had paid the wages Saido Mane wanted. He wanted to play for Pochettino instead we ended up with N'koko and Sissoko. Incidently Kane recently voted for him in the Balon dor.

Kane needs to leave and open palm Levy on the way out.

:kanehand: :levystare:

No one wants to see this. But he's only got 1 contract season after this and it doesn't look like he's staying so why not participate in that process in order to get something out of it today as opposed to getting nothing out of it tomorrow? No player is bigger than the club...even though folks keeps expressing that HK is bigger than Spurs all the time. It's sad.

Personally, I'd rather see him win the quadruple and bag 50 goals for United than sit through another fucking season of this HK-led turtle shit we are serving up for the last 4 seasons...but that's just me and I don't expect anyone else's desires to align with mine.
I’ll pass on the UTD quadruple, but other than that agree completely.

The thing is, in this instance, it’s not even a footballing decision anymore. It’s purely financial. You cannot have your club captain (yes, Lloris aside) run down his contract. It will just be another season of purgatory.

I fully expect UTD to come in with a very significant offer, perhaps around 80 million or so. Their squad is stacked. It’s why they went for the daft Weghorst loan. To make sure they have space for Harry. Other than a CB, they don’t really need much more investment. Kane is the piece they need.

And he is going there. So it either happens this Summer for 80ish, or free in twelve months’ time. It basically comes down to how much value Levy places on his pride.

I’ll pass on the UTD quadruple, but other than that agree completely.
I hear you, Cranny. I hated United (because I had one of those friends) 5 or so years before I even started liking Spurs. So I totally get it.

The thing is, in this instance, it’s not even a footballing decision anymore. It’s purely financial.
Which should make it easier for folks to see the logic...:contehandshead:

I fully expect UTD to come in with a very significant offer, perhaps around 80 million or so. Their squad is stacked. It’s why they went for the daft Weghorst loan. To make sure they have space for Harry. Other than a CB, they don’t really need much more investment. Kane is the piece they need.
Yeah...we might differ on how much they need relative to where they want to go but on the whole I agree.

And he is going there. So it either happens this Summer for 80ish, or free in twelve months’ time. It basically comes down to how much value Levy places on his pride.
I don't really know which is a bigger kick in the ghoulies...but I also think it depends on whether or not Levy can offload the club beforehand which I believe was part of the calculus since the Sammy-summer of 2018 and all ham-handed decisions since.

Yeah...we might differ on how much they need relative to where they want to go but on the whole I agree.
My thinking is, the only way Levy sanctions the sale is if he feels like he has done a number on UTD. A reasonable offer, even allowing for absurd inflation, might be around 50/60.

But reason has nothing to do with it. Daniel will make sure they pay through the nose, so would probably refuse to entertain anything south of 100 million (initially). It likely depends on how much of a premium UTD place on getting him a season early.

If they’re prepared to wait, they’ll just laugh and have him in 2024 for nothing.

Of course, he might still be convinced that he can get him to re-sign.

Enjoy watching him in a Spurs shirt cos he’ll be gone come the summer.
I am far from sure . He will be in the last year of his contract and that will bring the sum clubs will offer down
I can’t see Kane wanting to come back to this shitshow next summer.

Hopefully we can get 75m or something.
As I say he will be in the last year of his contract that will significantly impact in the sort of offer but he and his agent will know that there is one big pay day left and if he winds down his contract he will be in line for a very decent wedge as there wouldn’t be any fee.
Ah some say he won’t do that but after last summer’s shenanigans when his wishes were totally ignored then perhaps and he would always be able to use the argument about how he honoured in full his obligations

Jesus Everyone begging Kane to leave,

some of you hate Enic more than you support Tottenham.

he may well leave but fucking hell don't be wishing it!

I think the entire trajectory of this man's sporting life Would have been different if Levy had paid the wages Saido Mane wanted. He wanted to play for Pochettino instead we ended up with N'koko and Sissoko. Incidently Kane recently voted for him in the Balon dor.

Kane needs to leave and open palm Levy on the way out.

:kanehand: :levystare:
Kane voted for Sissoko for Ballon Dor?

2 goals and 1 own goal

0 goals

This logic ignores the fact that we wouldn't be in those big games in the first place without him.

Kane is not to blame for our struggles and any attempt to do so is just futile.

Been comfortable with his and sons goals for so long , scary task to replace them.

Kulu doesn't seem like the type, Richie seems like his maximum ceiling is sub 20 league goals, Gil who knows. Maybe we'll get lucky again with scarlet

Back
Top Bottom