Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we look back at when Kane was out earlier in the season we won 4-5 games without him, the draws and losses started when we lost Alderweireld at West Brom and improved after he returned in the United game.

Toby's the one we need to keep wrapped in cotton wool imo. Used to be Dembele too, but now we have Winks. Rose we can get by without, although I'd love to have Ryan Sess from FFC as a deputy LWB.

Can't we just clone Toby A? Would make life so much easier for us.

I get why the pundits will have us finishing 5th for lots of reasons.

At present it is too close to call I feel but all presumption is based on Kane being out which I guess simply equates to reduced firepower - a fair assessment.

The game against Southampton is very important.

Lots of reasons that you dont mention, and that were not aired before Kane got injured funnily enough

totally agree with analysis of Kane. Excellent player and adds lots to the team but take his hatricks out and he hasn't been prolific, we certainly don't rely on his goals as other teams do e.g. Vardy last season. We have more depth and more goals coming in from other places on the pitch because we have a team of mentally strong winners. Whilst a blow and I would rather have Kane available i'm not panicking as in the past. Perhaps Vincent is the silver lining. Imagine 15 goals in the next 10 games – that would be an excellent player to have as back-up to Kane and all our problems would be sorted. Big 'if' I know but we live in hope

If you take away all of Kanes goals and assists, how many points worse off would we be? Just out of interest.

I seem to remember seeing a stat last season that we wouldn't have been that much worse off.

If you take away all of Kanes goals and assists, how many points worse off would we be? Just out of interest.

I seem to remember seeing a stat last season that we wouldn't have been that much worse off.

It's the most misleading stat available because if Kane scores the 1-0 and 2-0 goals in a 3-0 win they're not counted as point-winning.

I don't see Poch rushing Kane back in given the upcoming schedule:

v. SOU
In'l Break
a. BUR
a. SWA
v. WAT
v. BOU

Also need to play the postponed away matches at Palace and Leicester. Hoping that Kane starts training prior to the Watford match and then comes into the BOU match with us up 3-0 in the 65th. I'd be very surprised to see him start before the semis.

He. Is. Out.
Why the demand to know NOW? Poch has already ruled him out for Southampton this weekend, there is then a 2 week brake for internationals. Sorry mate don't mean to shout but just chill out, what's the rush?

Exactly and you know we have a squad of good players.

Now is absolutely the time for those players to stand up and make us forget Kane is injured.

We have enough in the squad in terms of ability so it is absolutely all to do with the messages Pochettino emits but a big part of that is dependent on how he navigates past Southampton.

It's a similar argument for Jermaine Defoe...
He's right up there in this season's top goalscorers list... but unfortunately for him, most of those goalso have been consolation goals... and only a few were 'match winning' or point saving!

It's like a team remaining unbeaten ALL season, but still going down on 38 points 'cos they drew every game!
Highly unlikely I know... but hypothetically there isn't much point being 'invincible' or the top goalscorer if those goals don't actually win you games!

I think Harry Kane's goals have helped him keep the momentum going, and are a godsend for our +GD... but the goals have come from right across the front 3 or 4... and never was that gonna be more vital than the next few weeks without him!!

He. Is. Out.
Why the demand to know NOW? Poch has already ruled him out for Southampton this weekend, there is then a 2 week brake for internationals. Sorry mate don't mean to shout but just chill out, what's the rush?
You've got to be kidding right??!!

That's like saying it doesn't matter on Monday whether or not she's going to give you some at the weekend. In theory the week is just the same. But in my world that makes the week play out just a tiny bit differently

It's all a reuse to keep him away from the England squad, so far we get to keep Rose and Kane, just Dele and Walker to rescue from Southgate's pointless injury inducing matches

Back
Top Bottom