Greatest ever foreign signing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our Greatest Foreign Import

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Many of the people suggested in the thread, whilst great signings were only at the club for a couple of years and not even their peak years. I exclude Klinsmann, VdV, Ginola, etc on this basis.

1. Ardiles
2. Pochettino (the original post was greatest foreign signings, not limited to players)
3. Jennings (I consider Northern Ireland to be foreign!)
4. Son
5. Lloris

You lot know nothing....

Paolo Tramezzani.

It's not even up for debate.

paolotramezzani_3.jpg

Dembele, Lloris, Vertonghen all in the same window for under £35m is one of our greatest windows and all foreign.

950 Spurs appearances between them and still counting!

Only one vote for our current captain? How many games has he played and how long has he been captain?

Surely he’s in the top three.

I'm too young to recognize the impact (although I do know the history) of some of these guys, but I can't think of a bigger coup for us than Lloris was, and he's lived up to every bit of the lofty expectations. He's gone through a few rough patches like every goalkeeper does, but he's been one of the best performers for us in every season he's been with us. He's also the captain and a model citizen and ambassador for the club.

Back
Top Bottom