Good players but made no difference.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I loved Barmby. When he broke through he looked like the real deal. Never the same after his shin splints injury.

Carrick was a class player. Not a scene stealer, but was the beating heart of that team.

I never got the point of Paul Allen. Like Justin Edinburgh, he just seemed to be there. Then again, I wouldn’t consider either of them to be good players. In fact, if I thought a player was good I’d probably think that because they made a difference, so it’s not the easiest question to answer.

Barmby and Carrick were the bollocks. I also never got people who dug out Anderton.

Danny Rose on the other hand is one of the most undeserving biggest cunts ever to wear our wonderful shirt .

Eric Dier.

Love him and he is a really good player who is useful in a many positions and when on form an excellent part of a well oiled machine.

But, I don't think we would be any worse off without him in the actual team when everyone is fit.

Kaboul was decent for us but also a former goon/chav so I could never warm to him.

You’re thinking of Gallas aren’t you?

18giv9.jpg

I get where you're coming from, but literally every football player, manager, commentator and fan seem to says that Carrick was a great player and was underrated. Surely this makes him highly rated?

:avbcringe:
Underrated by many fans in my experience, obviously not by his former team mates and managers.

Although he was one of the best strikers I've seen, I never liked Lineker, even though he scored twice against that lot down the road in a semi final. I didn’t take to Teddy either, again not because I thought he wasn't very good - just didn’t like him.

Carrick was brilliant for us. I remember going to see us play Southampton I think it was and he was like Tom Fucking Brady, spraying the ball all over the place. Defoe got a hatrick I think. He'd be my "Good but..." player.

Back
Top Bottom