Gomes - Waduya Reckon?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I loved gomes so much. Such a shame he was prone to some of the worst errors I've ever seen. The one away to Chelsea was the one that did it for me. (although the goal should never have stood,he still fucked up big time)

He didnt though he stopped the ball going over the line, its like blaming him for the Nani goal against united.

Thanks for THAT run in....Legend

article-1266063-092318E6000005DC-913_468x309.jpg

The fun days were over too quickly
aaagomes_4030c.jpg

He didnt though he stopped the ball going over the line, its like blaming him for the Nani goal against united.
if he hadn't have let the shot squirm through his hands he wouldn't be in that position.
I forgave him the nani one because the ref never made it clear what he had given and that cheating prick took full advantage

I am really rather curious why we didn't sell Gomes rather than hold onto him pointlessly for so long. While he may not have been good enough for us in the eyes of the club, he was by no means incompetent. He was more than capable of playing elsewhere. Seems bizarre that Levy would not cash in.

I read somewhere earlier that there were rumours of mental health issues and so the club kept him on the books to essentially help him out while he dealt with it. Anyone heard anything about that?

I am really rather curious why we didn't sell Gomes rather than hold onto him pointlessly for so long. While he may not have been good enough for us in the eyes of the club, he was by no means incompetent. He was more than capable of playing elsewhere. Seems bizarre that Levy would not cash in.

I read somewhere earlier that there were rumours of mental health issues and so the club kept him on the books to essentially help him out while he dealt with it. Anyone heard anything about that?
There's certainly been lots of rumours of him being a very "strange" man, crying a lot etc. Maybe he was happy staying put and having a good friend like Sandro close by.

If a keeper fumbles, but makes up for his error and prevents a goal, yet the ref fucks up and gives the goal, Im inclined to take my anger out on the ref.

Oh don't get me wrong I was furious with the ref and just disappointed with Gomes. But I was at the bridge that day and hearing their fans singing 'there's only one Gomes.' Making us a laughing stock. I just knew he was done for right then.
The one against real at white hart lane was also very disappointing.

There's certainly been lots of rumours of him being a very "strange" man, crying a lot etc.

RUMOURS??? We all saw it with our own eyes... On more than one occasion!
Hardly speculative trolling!
whilst most 'keepers are known to be a little eccentric', I think it's blatantly obvious that Gomes is damaged goods!

Back
Top Bottom