Gomes - Waduya Reckon?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Gomes, he makes saves no other keeper can make but also makes mistakes other keepers don't. I don't know why Cudicini got cup games ahead of him. Cudicini is a player who got an inflated reputation by being on the bench

I'll always remember the 3 saves he made in the Danny Rose NLD.

Top. Notch.

But I will also remember the fuck ups. I think his time here is past and he'll end up back in Brazil or Holland.

Flannerz said:
I love Gomes, he makes saves no other keeper can make but also makes mistakes other keepers don't. I don't know why Cudicini got cup games ahead of him. Cudicini is a player who got an inflated reputation by being on the bench

Cudicini was a very good keeper before he decided to see out the prime of his career sitting on the Chavs bench. Between that and being happy to sit on our bench, I can only assume the guy was seriously lacking ambition.

Goes without saying I'm fond of the bloke, but if we're serious about progressing from fourth place (or even maintaining fourth place), then I don't think he's the man.

S.L.R said:
Goes without saying I'm fond of the bloke, but if we're serious about progressing from fourth place (or even maintaining fourth place), then I don't think he's the man.

I dunno. Utd won the league with that lunatic Barthez in goal...

No thanks. Makes ridiculous saves but also ridiculous errors. Handling is very suspect. Distribution also suspect. I can throw a ball a long way on a Sunday too, just like him it usually results in the opposition getting it back very quickly. I dont think he inspires any kind of confidence in his back 4 and dear God, our back 4 need a steadying influence behind them.

I found this little bit quite interesting

“Lloris told me he wanted to change clubs. He told me if he had known that I stayed, he would not come. He had a hard time. Lloris is a spectacular goalkeeper.”

I hope this once and for all settles the old debate of AVB 'easying' him into the league - he got it plain wrong and there is nothing malicious admitting so. All managers make mistakes - but it's what they learn from it that matters,

Goodbye Octopus..

sandroraniere
13 hours ago
I would like to thank this amazing professional, @hdgomes but most important, this amazing man for everything he has done for me during these 4 years! Today it was his last day, but I've gained a brother for the rest of my life! I will truly miss you...

I remember the hope when we signed him. Probably in the top ten or so keepers in world fooball. One of the most sought after anyway. Still has an immense talent if there's any confidence left in him. Hope he does well wherever he may go. One of the key reasons we reached Champions League and I'll forever be grateful of that, no matter what valamity ensued. Cheers GOMES:gomes:

I loved gomes so much. Such a shame he was prone to some of the worst errors I've ever seen. The one away to Chelsea was the one that did it for me. (although the goal should never have stood,he still fucked up big time)

Thanks for THAT run in....Legend

article-1266063-092318E6000005DC-913_468x309.jpg

The fun days were over too quickly

I don't think he was that bad. IMO it was Danny Rose, Jan's attitude, Sunday games, the high line and Sherwood managing that made him paranoid and prone to mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom