Going for Second

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not so sure they are unmotivated yet.

That deluded fool Mancini thinks they can still catch United. Although if they continue playing two holding midfielders against teams as bad as Aston Villa they might drop some points.

:avbpray:
baFcrEB.jpg

Not so sure they are unmotivated yet.

That deluded fool Mancini thinks they can still catch United. Although if they continue playing two holding midfielders against teams as bad as Aston Villa they might drop some points.

:avbpray:
That's the thing though, he's a deluded lunatic basically, although, getting rid of mad Mario is probably the sanest and wisest thing he's done in his reign and that was less than three months ago, so you never know about him, mad as a hatter one minute and occasionally brilliant the next

Ehhh, I think he makes a serious case for Europe's least impressive coach at a top club.

Though I think Benitez takes the prize for that competition.

Ehhh, I think he makes a serious case for Europe's least impressive coach at a top club.

Though I think Benitez takes the prize for that competition.

I always thought he was not much of an improvement on Hughes. And I think Mark Hughes is shit. But with the resources at City he would have probably eventually won the league too. But still wound up here.

Why not aim for first? It's not like United is a shoe-in for the Barclay's league already. For all we know, they might slip-up again and the race will be wide open.

It's like in our club motto, Canes Canem Edit. To Dare Is To Do. If we don't aim high, we might as well forget about aiming for anything.

Let's not get carried away here, I'm sure most of us would settle for 4th right now... 3rd would be an INCREDIBLE achievement, I'm not even thinking about 2nd at this stage of the season!

Let's see where we are once we've played Chelsea and Man City next month... THEN we can start dreaming!

I disagree - all the while 2nd is on (and at 5 points away it most certainly is) we need to be gonig for it. NOW.

Games against Chelsea and City could well put us in the driving seat to finish there, why on earth wait until afterwards to evaluate our targets?!

Its about confidence: We have to maintain our momentum: The critical time will be when/if we have a loss: That will be when our team leaders have to step up to the plate!!

Psychologically it's better to push for 2nd and have 4th to fall back on than hope to hold on to 4th.

If we're drawing with City at home in the 80th minute with the current 5pt gap is it better to press for a winner that would close it to 2pts or is it preferable to drop deep and prevent them scoring a late winner?

Psychologically it's better to push for 2nd and have 4th to fall back on than hope to hold on to 4th.

If we're drawing with City at home in the 80th minute with the current 5pt gap is it better to press for a winner that would close it to 2pts or is it preferable to drop deep and prevent them scoring a late winner?

Go for the ruddy win!

2nd 3rd 4th all the same really... not first but in these days of finance before achievement job done!

now a couple of days in the dam on the piss picking up the Europa cup is an achievement!.. the trophy cabinet & future history will confirm that unlike being a loser pretending to win with money in our pocket.

Back
Top Bottom