Glory vs. winning

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The way football fans think they know better than the manager is fucking comical. There's a reason the bloke is a manager and you're..well...you're not.

In my experience 90% of people who make it to the top in management do so with bluster and confidence....I have never known a member of senior management in a company admit they were wrong.....then they get paid shit loads to disappear.

Bit like football really

I just think AVB is too stubborn, he is unwilling to change the shape dramatically enough.

We have an awesome side that is playing at 60% because of the way he sets them up.

Someone needs to tell dembele that the pitch isn't small, we just try to play in one third of it.

Possibly the best post of your career. Nail on head....

No, I mean, AVB is right. He is not stubborn and thats not what lost the dressing room at Chelsea. AVB is right.

Ok look. Team isn't playing at its best (although still winning more than usual) - correct

The atmosphere at white hart lane is fucking dire after 20 mins if we're not winning - also correct.

Only one of those things do we as fans have any power over, so why not jut focus on that for now. If things don't improve after that then he's got nowhere to hide right? So why not sing the fuck up and stop criticising players in the ground.

The way football fans think they know better than the manager is fucking comical. There's a reason the bloke is a manager and you're..well...you're not.

hahahaahahahahahaah

If I was to mention peoples attitude to Redknapp now....how would that go down. Did people think they know more than him? LOL

I love the fact that when it suits, people say shit like that....so, you will never question a sub again? Or a line up?

Of course not...what am I saying...err, sorry, sorry....AVB is right, all the time....otherwise criticising means we know more than him.

A bit like saying Andy Carrol is shit means I am a better footballer.

AVB is right, and Andy Carrol is the bollox. I agree with that. Yes.

Ok look. Team isn't playing at its best (although still winning more than usual) - correct

The atmosphere at white hart lane is fucking dire after 20 mins if we're not winning - also correct.

Only one of those things do we as fans have any power over, so why not jut focus on that for now. If things don't improve after that then he's got nowhere to hide right? So why not sing the fuck up and stop criticising players in the ground.

It really is this simple. I don't understand why it is so difficult to get people on the same page here.

One thing is a definite fact....atmospheres are better on a Saturday at three o'clock.

If we were in the champions league...we would have a lot more of them.....

Does AVB not have to take a good portion of the blame for that?

In my experience 90% of people who make it to the top in management do so with bluster and confidence....I have never known a member of senior management in a company admit they were wrong.....then they get paid shit loads to disappear.

Bit like football really
Only slightly delusional

Does AVB not have to take a good portion of the blame for that.

NO!!! You gooner troll...errm...go to arsenalmania...thats where you live...err....how is it the managers fault we came 5th....hmmmm we got a record points tally....SEE? SEE? We got 72pts....it was all the other teams fault for winning their games....why do you worry about what other teams do?..... Gooner

Back
Top Bottom