Glorious Defeat

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You didn't get it at the time meltdown, it doesn't surprise me you are still missing the point.

Seriously if you are going to spend your life arguing on the web...you need to grow a brain.

I pity you.

Im not arguing with anyone.

I did get it at the time, but I knew it would only last five seconds, so I didnt get sucked in. I offered a balanced view of our problems and was promptly neg repped to fuck by people caught in the hysteria and emotion of your Sound Of Music rallying call.

Where were those people against Everton and last night? Dunno, probably cunting off Ade..sigh

I've always believed in a philosophy of "cheer when we're winning, cheer louder when we aren't"

Moaning about how shit someone is does nothing, does it?

I saw a snarky tweet from a Gooner about enjoying the Europa League next year, and after I unfollowed her (that'll teach her a lesson), I thought that I'd rather support Spurs even if we were in the Blue Square than that steaming pile of putrid vomit from Woolwich.

I don't think it was a glorious defeat at all. I think it was an abject failure that could have been avoided had AVB not picked Gallas for the first leg and Friedel for the second.

We should have won that tie, and it's piss-poor that we haven't made one European semi-final for nearly 30 years. Not to mention our worst trophy haul under ENIC in over 60 years. We're slipping further and further into Chelsea's shadow under ENIC and AVB hasn't helped by getting it wrong v the Swiss.

To be honest 'melt' is kind of my word-of-the-day so it was more of a case of using it for the sake of using it. But it does get a bit tiresome when a result doesn't go our way and certain people go apoplectic and spout all sorts of nonsense about our players.

Personally (and I know this isn't the case with everyone) if I feel a player has been poor, I'll say so, I may even allow my annoyance to show by excessive swearing, but for the sake of coming across as someone reasonably intelligent, I'll do it in a reasoned and structured manner, I wouldn't ever assume to know a players' innermost thoughts, what their motivation is, or just slander them for the sake of having something to say, because it's at this point you* become a melt.

(*not you specifically Raitei ;))

I think my problem has always been the extremists in both sides, we hear the argument against baseless negativity all of the time, but at the same time we have people who do the same on the other side.

Like with people acting like they know how exactly how a player is feel, we get the exact same in players defence.

Ah, fuck, I don't care

Yeah this club doesn't need fans who crave success, this club doesn't need fans who want the team to give a 100% (everyone), this club doesn't need fans who call out shit overpayed cash whores who play in strike yet can't hit the target with a fucking penalty, yes indeed this club doesn't need these kind of fans.

This club needs fans who use the term 'spursy', this club needs fans who are willing to accept 40% effort, this club needs fans who don't desire progress, this club needs fans who make 'mind the gap' threads only for them to backfire spectacularly making us all look like tits, this club needs fans who thinks beating Woolwich one game a season is a trophy, this club needs more fans like you....

That just goes to show what you know. Cunt flaps.
What this club needs is not glory hunters, you wonder why the Lane is quiet these days? Cunts like you. Dipshits that turn when it isnt going right. Cocksuckers who think that because they "pay their money" they get to boo, get to voice their negativity. Wankers like you and the cock end I quoted.

What we need is people that love winning yes, but love Spurs no matter what. People that stand up and sing when we are getting hammered, people that support their team without needing a PL title. Doesn't mean we don't WANT one you no mark, it means we don't HAVE to have it to support our team. At what fucking point did I say I don't crave success?

Other than being a thick cunt and unable to read, what part of this website and it's purpose don't you get you utter fucking skidmark on the underpants of life?

Fuck me, this thread has turned into the Millwall end at Wembley!

Get a grip people, today feels like we've lost - because ArseAnal won like they did - there's no point abusing each-other about it... they'd fucking love that kind of in-fighting!
I'm fucking livid right now.... but don't plan to take it out on you bunch o' cunts! :parker:

It's not about being proud that we lost. Or proud of a glorious defeat.
The fact is, lloris, Kaboul, BAE, sandro, bale, Lennon and Defoe all didn't play. That's 7 first team players. Everyone else had written us off.
Basil arent mugs, they made us look silly at white hart lane at times, Tottenham teams of old would of lost 5-0 the way they played last week.
So the fact that a borderline reserve team came a couple of shitty penalties away from going through.. Even after going down to ten men. Should be something to feel optimistic about.

The futures bright. The futures lilywhite.

What Tottenham teams of old would have lost 5-0 at home to Basel.

We didn't even lose a home game in Europe till the mid 80s and than that was 1-0 to Real Madrid. We used to be one of the most formidable fortresses in Europe in the old days. It's the modern teams that are letting us down in Europe I'm afraid. Partly because our current crowd, where even the Swiss completely outsing us over the two legs. In the 60s 70s and early 80s away teams never outsang us at the Lane. That was one of the many reasons we never lost, let alone 5-0. I'd love to know where you've got that idea from.

AFAIK even since our heyday, even the more modern teams haven't even lost by 4 at home in Europe let alone 5. From memory, I think our worst is losing by two, but may be wrong. (Inter Toto doesn't count BTW :)

I'm not at all optimistic that we lost an eminently winnable tie, and once again we were let down by a modern team, not the Tottenham of old who I would have backed to win the tie no danger.

No semi-finals in nearly 30 years that's what the modern era has left us. The old Tottenham used to win European trophies and get to semi-finals fairly regularly.

We didn't even lose a home game in Europe till the mid 80s and than that was 1-0 to Real Madrid. We used to be one of the most formidable fortresses in Europe in the old days. It's the modern teams that are letting us down in Europe I'm afraid. Partly because our current crowd, where even the Swiss completely outsing us over the two legs. In the 60s 70s and early 80s away teams never outsang us at the Lane. That was one of the many reasons we never lost, let alone 5-0. I'd love to know where you've got that idea from.

AFAIK even since our heyday, even the more modern teams haven't even lost by 4 at home in Europe let alone 5. From memory, I think our worst is losing by two, but may be wrong. (Inter Toto doesn't count BTW :)

I'm not at all optimistic that we lost an eminently winnable tie, and once again we were let down by a modern team, not the Tottenham of old who I would have backed to win the tie no danger.

No semi-finals in nearly 30 years that's what the modern era has left us. The old Tottenham used to win European trophies and get to semi-finals fairly regularly.

So what we are missing is "fortress Tottenham", what we have lost is the "do or die love of the shirt" - fight for Tottenham because we love the club, the glory and what we stand for.......

So says the man who:

Is disappointed Abramovich didn't buy us.
Wants a sugar daddy owner
Wanted us to move to Stratford.

Seriously numb nuts. Fuck off.

How about the Europa league team last season that couldn't even beat PAOK

Stop looking for an argument sweetheart, it's all well and good dropping the history bomb but sometimes, the answers are a lot closer than you think ;)

Wow this forum has got depressing recently. Every thread is full of loads of bile and playground bullshit. I'm hoping that most of you make it to the 1882 event so you can just forget the premier league for one night and just have a laugh supporting spurs together.

Back
Top Bottom