Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genius.

Privileged to have seen him so many times in the flesh.

With today's pitches and protection from the referees he would be an absolute beast.
Footballs in those days weighed a ton, it was like hitting a brick. And defenders were savages. Nobody had a clue about nutrition, sleep and all them other value-added things even regular athletes have access to today. Still, Glenn was magnificent. He'd be a Ballon d'Or candidate each year in this era we're in.

Genius.

With today's pitches and protection from the referees he would be an absolute beast.

That Neanderthal Tommy Smith used to kick lumps out of him and Ossie and even boasted about it how he could frighten them out of a game!

Cunt!

Genius.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to be able to take players out of their time period and drop them into another and see how they perform?

People say todays softies wouldn't cope with the bullies of the older era. But would those bullies even know where todays players are? You have to catch them to foul them. And obviously, if you put those bullies in todays game, they'd be sent off in the first few minutes anyway.

Same sort of thing with boxing. Would a fighter from the 60's or 70's have the stamina of a lot of todays fighters who have the benefit of modern training, diet and science? Not to mention, would those heavyweights be too small to fight someone like Fury? Ali was what, 220lb vs Fury at 270+ and 6" taller. Almost a different weight class really.
That said, let's see how he does against Usyk eventually :roflmao:

Footballs in those days weighed a ton, it was like hitting a brick. And defenders were savages. Nobody had a clue about nutrition, sleep and all them other value-added things even regular athletes have access to today. Still, Glenn was magnificent. He'd be a Ballon d'Or candidate each year in this era we're in.
Genius player and my all time favourite but by the time Glenda started in the mid 70’s balls were much lighter than the balls of earlier days

Gawd I’d love someone in the current team to try shorting and chipping like Glenn. Most of the current lot could barely get the ball off the ground with powder puff efforts. Although richi did a great job on Saturday. A few long range efforts would really help and a few direct from free kicks. Also would be great if they could do that free kick routine.

So many wonder goals but for some reason I love his last against Oxford when he put the keeper on his arse without touching the ball🤣❤️
Just over 20,000 there. Apathetic times as a fanbase - I don't think there was any rebuilding going on - our highest attendance was for the wham visit at just over 39,000 but most of the attendances were in the 20-30,000. Just over 16,000 for the visit of Leicester.

Don’t know how many goals there would be candidates for goals of the season. More than one, I suspect.
I don't know but would have thought the Watford goal was GotS. I was on the Greek island of Spetses and didn't even know the result, let alone the quality of the goal until I returned back to London. Now I'd be posting about it on here...

Back
Top Bottom