Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glenn Hoddle!

The best thing that can happen to you as a ball

Football Soccer GIF

Bearing in mind how strong the wind was that day and how far and high he hit it, the pass to Crooksy for our 1st goal at the library on NYD '85 was absolutely superb.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87lbljuQV4&t=6s

Genuine question

If some one for Stoke played the pass Hoddle played - IE 40+ yards up the pitch direct to the strike who scored, what would the general reaction be?
I suspect the perception would greatly change depending on the team that did it.

Genuine question

If some one for Stoke played the pass Hoddle played - IE 40+ yards up the pitch direct to the strike who scored, what would the general reaction be?
I suspect the perception would greatly change depending on the team that did it.
Hoddles’ pass was a precision intended pass to a team mate - if a “stoke” player had intended and executed the same pass I would have applauded it. Long ball teams generally play the percentages and lump the ball into attacking areas for team mates to challenge for possession - few players in a long ball team possess the ability to ping a pass that accurately .
The same argument was being raised over 40 years ago usually by bitter Woolwich fans, our football was so entertaining I don’t think any of us gave the slightest shit on what it was called

Back
Top Bottom