Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Untitled.png

The LilyWhite/s House has our backs.

I believe in offering opportunities against weaker opposition - i.e. I'd not be concerned to give Pau a game here and there (as he did play a whole season in the BBVA last year), or players like N'koudou, Sissoko etc, who can offer something our current XI doesn't, but not doing a Harry Redknapp and playing Onomah over Eriksen.
I don't think anyone would. There's a time & a place to do it though- I would say go in on Thursday as strong as possible & hopefully not leave it all to do on an energy sapping pitch 3 days before an important EPL game. More so here after the result at the weekend. A nice confidence boost ahead of a 9 day break.

Would go:
Vorm
Trippier Alderwereild Wimmer Davies
Dier Dembele
Sissoko Onumah Eriksen
Kane

Reckon Onumah to given a go with Kane ahead, Eriksen alongside and Dembele behind will be a fairer opportunity than the usual 2nd string offering.

Would keep Wanyama, Alli, and Son for Sat mixed in with Winks, GKN & Janssen

Maybe I'm nuts but I think Janssen should start all three games over the next week...rotate another three each match and that should give the whole squad rest and playing time.

Problem is when starting Janssen in a match, we're not playing to his strengths in that the players around him are usually not the same surrounding Harry Kane. Janssen needs to have Eriksen or Dele playing as well, not Sissoko and Son.

EL (A) - Play Jansen. Rest 2 or 3 from Sat but keep the line-up strong. Put the tie to bed early. Sub off key players for Fulham if poss.

FAC - Play Kane. Rest 2 or 3 more from Sat and bring in those rested on Thurs.

EL - Play Jansen. Take stock of who hasn't rested. Play strong as poss. if result still needed. If not, happy days!

ROTATION (not B-teams)!!!!!

:carrollwtf:

Yep.....in fact, let any player experience winning the EL, and ask them the following season if they would rather not travel to Eastern Europe to get that feeling again. (Hold on, are you less tired if you travel to Eastern Europe on Wednesday for the CL instead?)

Must be so enticing for these two to keep throwing trophies for top 4.
Title bid is all but done....draws at Sunderland, and the defeat at Anfield saw to that...a points haul of 4 from those games instead of 1 would have seen us way more in it.

Time to adjust our goals for this season Id say
Difference is though Sam is that the CL ties are not played within a week of each other at KO stage with games to fit in between.
It's 3 weeks between first and 2nd last 16 ties isn't it?

Bloody sh!t competition.

Left to me I would play whoever in this game and give the rabble that surrendered so meekly against Liverpool a chance to redeem themselves.

The FA Cup is our best chance to win a trophy this season.

Go with the strongest XI here. Maybe 1 or 2 changes at most. Rotate half of the team against Fulham then depending on the 1st leg result to decide the XI in the 2nd leg.

Bloody sh!t competition.

Left to me I would play whoever in this game and give the rabble that surrendered so meekly against Liverpool a chance to redeem themselves.

The FA Cup is our best chance to win a trophy this season.
It is what it is, you either support the team or find something else to do.
Would you watch Tottenham, If we made the EL final?

Im not liking the, beat Gent and then play Fulham, beat them no probs. Doesnt matter who plays!
Fulham will give us a go and on a silly day we may struggle if we dont get our game together. I feel with Gent that they may just not have the quality over two games. Stronger side against Fulham for me .

It is what it is, you either support the team or find something else to do.
Would you watch Tottenham, If we made the EL final?

Yep, of course. No hypocrisy as well. Because at that point as in all cases that is the ends. Unfortunately I will not support the means because it is too many games for a very unlikely outcome.

On the way already!

Just as a side note, every fucking European game I go to we throw away so I'm expecting some unheard of 16 year olds to start this one as we lose 4-1 in Belgium.

Yep, of course. No hypocrisy as well. Because at that point as in all cases that is the ends. Unfortunately I will not support the means because it is too many games for a very unlikely outcome.
Glory hunter at its finest.

I might not watch the season unfold next year......just the last game if it's a title decider then go nuts if we win......yay! Look at me and my cool team.

Shambolic. Why are people who don't want us in the EL cos it's so shit making so many posts in the Gent thread by the way?
We really don't need people celebrating a bad result, or playing down a good one, so try and stay away on Thursday

On the way already!

Just as a side note, every fucking European game I go to we throw away so I'm expecting some unheard of 16 year olds to start this one as we lose 4-1 in Belgium.

not seen us win away since Hearts ...21 games... i arrived yesterday...

Really?
I'd love to see Spurs play every possible game left this year, with the strongest available XI according to Poch's judgment, no matter how many games that is- and I will 100% support the ends & the means, whichever team Poch puts out, & watch as many of them as I possibly can.
Let's think this through...
Get knocked out of EL asap cos "it's shit".
Win FA cup & qualify for "shit tournament"
And/or finish top 4,
Get knocked out of CL early doors & parachute into "shit tournament"
Try to get out of "shit tournament" again - asap.

Just don't get it. Not many like the format of the EL. But it's a European trophy & it's difficult to win. Surely that's a great reason to try and win it?

It may be unlikely that we will win it (don't agree with that, but let's go with that argument)...it's more unlikely that we will win the PL any time soon. So perhaps we should save the first team for the league cup & FA cup. Fuck trying to win the league itself cos it's an unlikely outcome.

We will undoubtedly attract all the best players & fill our new stadium every week if we win those domestic cups. Who needs top 4 or Europe eh?

Try to win everything ffs

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom