Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gareth Bale - Injury history

hqdefault.jpg

Let's pay £100m and 300k a week for a crock.

You do only get fitter into your 30's.

Clowns.

Fair enough about the Wales run but I don’t hold his time at Madrid as much weight as others.

His injury spells just outweigh any chance of contribution to our team imo.
We would not ask him to play 60 games a year, he would play selectively in key matches. He has the quality to help us get over the line against the really top teams. We know we don't have that today.

I can’t argue with those against his return. Their points make more sense. And his injury record is an obvious red flag.

But I’d still love to have him back. Foolish, perhaps.

LOL

Since Bale left us he's achieved the following

La Liga x1
Copa del Rey x1
Spanish Super cup x1
Champions League - x4
Super Cup - x3
FIFA World Cup -x3

101 goals in 223 games total (better ratio in the league than Benzema too)

Yeah, you're right - he never had a better season that with AVB, I'm sure he looks back on that 5th place and wishes he never left

LMFAO
Bale would average 5 shots every match in his last season at spurs. At real he doesnt get to do that because Ronaldo had the right to do that. Of course he wasnt going to score as much playing second fiddle to Ronaldo. Not that hes much better in that department with Ronaldo gone.

Still dont want that dickhead back.

Were it my decision to make right now, I would probably not bring him back. There's just too many question marks which have been mentioned by about 37 people already: Injury proneness? Attitude and hunger? Wages and the effect on the rest of the squad if he gets a bumper deal? Would all lead me to a pass.

Thankfully, the moron that is me isn't the one to make that call. And the people making the calls are many things, but morons they are certainly not.

One, Levy and Poch as a pair will not make the deal if the combined fee and wages makes it so that we cannot add where Poch deems it most necessary. Two, Levy will not pay anyone, not least a potential crock, any amount that will mean the whole balance of our wage structure will tip. Three, Poch will not sign anyone who'll upset the equilibrium of the squad, who doesn't have the attitude and desire to be a positive part of what he's building etc.

On the final point, yeah we've had some duds in Poch's time in terms of on the field contribution, but none have to my recollection thrown out their toys out the pram publically (not even Janssen) and not even after leaving when it would be a more "free" dig at Poch.

On the evidence in front of us, fuck knows if we should bring him back. It's hard to argue the case against the cons of the move.

The clincher for me though is that team of people actually making the decision have a near perfect record so those arguments would be pretty much null and void, if we do go all out to bring him home. For that reason, despite being on the fence on whether I personally feel we should, am very, very, very much hoping we will, as it would be a massive game changer for us.

Back
Top Bottom