Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no, no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,
no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,
no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,
no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no.
NO!

Bale doesn't and has never given a fuck about our club.

Tough to know what's in his heart, but I don't think this is true at all.

I think he'd come back in a heartbeat and probably has mixed feelings at best about leaving. He wanted global superstardom in the Messi/Ronaldo vein, but it just wasn't to be, and he's sacrificed a lot of happiness and comfort in the pursuit.

I don't think we'll sign him, but he's a club legend in good standing in my book, and my bet would be that whenever he retires he'll embrace that role.

Tough to know what's in his heart, but I don't think this is true at all.

I think he'd come back in a heartbeat and probably has mixed feelings at best about leaving. He wanted global superstardom in the Messi/Ronaldo vein, but it just wasn't to be, and he's sacrificed a lot of happiness and comfort in the pursuit.

I don't think we'll sign him, but he's a club legend in good standing in my book, and my bet would be that whenever he retires he'll embrace that role.

He should but I don't see that love for our club that you see.

Most players just play and then move on.

I'm amazed at the results of this poll.
Post the question Would you like to sign Gareth Bale on any other PL club forum, even any other top 6 forum, and I'd bet the answer would be a resounding yes.

We really are a strange bunch!

Post the question Would you like to sign Gareth Bale on any other PL club forum, even any other top 6 forum, and I'd bet the answer would be a resounding yes.

Right, but that's not the question.

I don't really agree with that, but let's say it was true. Well, we don't operate like most other clubs and I'm not really interested in seeing us change that. What is it to Man City to add another prima donna to their squad? What is it to the chavs to add Bale, another name just to sell some more shirts?

It is evident that Poch operates differently and isn't going to fall into some of the same traps that other clubs would gladly put themselves. He knows our budgets, how he wants the team to play and act on/off the field, the talent of our current team, and isn't going to just go for an over-priced, sulky, and continually injured player.

If supporters from other clubs really want him that bad, they can all fight over him and make that choice but I'd love for us to just sit this one out.

Should Bale return to Spurs / Should Spurs sign Bale.
Yeah right. Totally different. Whatever was I thinking.

Apart from Southampton, you'd have to phrase the question in the way I phrased it.
:avbfacepalm:

Well, actually it IS different.

Would I like to sign Bale? Yeah, why not? It's not my money. He's better than Lamela and Lucas and if he's happy to be used as a squad player. Sweet.

SHOULD Bale return? Absolutely fucking not. We don't need to sign him. It's like buying a new car when you need your money for food and rent instead. Not necessary, we have a lot bigger weaknesses across the squad.

This is a great question to be fair. Personally I want us to win something and we are so close. If he stayed fit and injury fee (and took a big pay cut) then why not?

People have said he used us to get his move to Madrid... we almost sold him to Nottingham Forest. It would be a signing of intent.

However, I’m still on the fence as his injuries suggest it’s a massive risk. If it was an eriksen swap plus cash (cash to us) then I’d take it to be honest. To dare is to bloody do ffs. He gave us some special moments and we are so close. Imagine a front free of Kane, son and bale. That’s good enough to win a title. Right now we are missing a special player to get us over the line (probably due to squad depth).

Let’s be honest it won’t happen anyway. We will probably sign two George Kevin N’Koudou’s.

Here's a bunch of BIG "If's":
If he would be willing to take a massive pay cut to fall in line with what Kane makes and if he can handle being a support player and not try to be the focus of attention, and if he could buy into to Poch's philosophy, then yes I want him back. However, I have my doubts that he would agree to not being the focus of the team without a superstar mentality. I think he resented Ronaldo for being the star and he also resented the fans for not elevating him above Ronaldo. There's no way we'd ever elevate him above Kane.

Giggs, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney or Beckham coming out of retirement?

Bale - no thanks. We need to plan for the future.

Oh... and we can't afford him.

Let Woolwich sign him. They've just lost to some mob called Rennies.
The equivalent age would be signing Gerrard in 2009. He was Player of the Year, so it would have been a decent shout.

He's damaged goods isn't he? With his injury record his market value is zero.
His own fans hate him ffs! I would only take him on a one year contract and I would pay him peanuts.
Anyway, he's on a £600k p/w contract until 2022, so why would he leave?

Back
Top Bottom