Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, but he did get injured since arriving at Everton, and recovered and got injured again. Still contributed far more than Bale.

Why are we bringing in such an injury prone player anyway?
trump fake news GIF

No, but he did get injured since arriving at Everton, and recovered and got injured again. Still contributed far more than Bale.

Why are we bringing in such an injury prone player anyway?

Why are you so hell-bent on him being shit and finished????

You've left no stone un-turned today in search of ammo.....

Last edited:
But Everton are shit?

If Everton had got Bale on loan - he'd be in their team right now and starting every week.

Rodriguez doesn't get in ours.
No he wouldn't, not on the level of football he has played for us so far. No experienced manager would put him out against premier opposition, certainly not Ancelotti

You've left stone un-turned today in search of ammo.....
Does that comment apply to me as well? Because I'm not. I want the exact opposite.

But I'm not blind, and what we have seen so far has not been good to watch.

More than anything though, I want you guys operating on blind faith and boundless hope to be right and me to be 1000% wrong.

You've left stone un-turned today in search of ammo.....
I'm only defending myself from people hellbent on giving him a pass for being so fucking shit. Acting all goo goo eyed over him, when he was so disrespectful towards us when he left.

If he could actually contribute something meaningful, then yeah, go wild.

I think, like Hargreaves said after the match on Thursday, that Bale needs to be played more centrally.
He seems a bit isolated on the right.
Whose place does he take? Mourinho subs off Ndombele in the 60th minute because he doesn't have enough fitness to be defensively solid at that point.

We can't drop Bale in there knowing he'd have the same issues. Kane operates centrally as a no 10, Bale is certainly not taking that spot either.

In EL Lo Celso is clearly the better player so he should be central.

Last edited:
I'm only defending myself from people hellbent on giving him a pass for being so fucking shit.
Your dumbass was also calling Son "limited" despite being second in goal contributions in the league and also saying you'd rather have jack grealish over him... not to mention all the other shit you've been spewing about all our other players.

You're a dumbass troll that supports the opposition.

gtfo GIF

Not sure why people have to get angry and protective about Bale, as if he was a relative - or Jimmy Greaves reborn.
Since he has been back he has been nothing short of bloody awful. One free header and a semi decent free kick and that is it. Everything else has been eclipsed by a 5 minute cameo by a 16 year old.
Yes, he has not had playing time and he has been out with injuries, but he hasnt shown any sign of any of the gifts or talents that made him the £80M player who left us, to give us any sign that he is going to be of benefit to us as a player, and as such - he is holding back the opportunity for someone else to make their mark.
I really wanted some of the old Bale back, I'd have taken 60% in Pirlo style creative role, or even 20 minute bursts of 80% pure Bale. Anything to cling to that he was back.

But at the moment, all we have is something like a tribute act, that looks like the real thing, but without the performance. To be honest, that hurts even more than if he had gone to United or even the goons, because it's like the worst prick tease.
So rip this guy to shreds if you want- but you are doing so on blind faith and desperate hope at the moment, because 4 months in, there has been no evidence to support that he will be an asset to the club.
I'm only defending myself from people hellbent on giving him a pass for being so fucking shit. Acting all goo goo eyed over him, when he was so disrespectful towards us when he left.

If he could actually contribute something meaningful, then yeah, go wild.

You two... point out where someone has been protecting or hugely praising his contribution to our season so far. Just let us see, where it happened, and who said it. Otherwise you are just arguing with made up points.

I don't think that there is a single Spurs supporter out there who wouldn't have expected something more from Bale up to now. He has not been superb, he has not even generally been good. And as a result, he has bearly featured in EPL. And rightly so.

But so what? Do we need to bash him because of that? Other thing I'd like you two to explain others is how does it help anything if we call him "fucking shit" - how does it help his progress our our achievmenets in any way. Would it make our whole squad better if we never put him even into a squad, and maybe for the sake of it spit on him during half time interval? Would that make the squad better somehow?

I personally don't get it. Why does one Spurs supporter come here and ask "why do you support him?". Maybe because he is playing for the club I love? I personally find it to bee quite good reason.
He has been playing in EL up to now as part of our front 3. It's not like he has been keeping out someone who has consistently shown or proven more. He just has not. He has been manager choice for those games. If you have an issue that Alli does not play, talk about in in Alli or Mou thread. Why verbally shit on Bale? Is he in fault that manager believes in him more?

I personally am starting to lose some faith in him as well, cause I hoped him to contribute more. But at the same time I acknowledge that he has only played 500 minutues since returning with us. I don't have much grounds to hope that he will pull trees out of the ground for us again. But I can still hope and cheer for it. I just don't see why this is a bad thing for Spurs fan to do. I have not fully given up on hope that he will be more useful at some point. Just like someone already meantioned - there are half-tones between "he'll be as big of a star for us as when he left" and "he is total shit who should not get a minute". I am well in this gray zone between those two options. Try something more moderate as well maybe, it's refreshing perspective for a change to black-and-white world :thumbup:

You two... point out where someone has been protecting or hugely praising his contribution to our season so far. Just let us see, where it happened, and who said it. Otherwise you are just arguing with made up points.

I don't think that there is a single Spurs supporter out there who wouldn't have expected something more from Bale up to now. He has not been superb, he has not even generally been good. And as a result, he has bearly featured in EPL. And rightly so.

But so what? Do we need to bash him because of that? Other thing I'd like you two to explain others is how does it help anything if we call him "fucking shit" - how does it help his progress our our achievmenets in any way. Would it make our whole squad better if we never put him even into a squad, and maybe for the sake of it spit on him during half time interval? Would that make the squad better somehow?

I personally don't get it. Why does one Spurs supporter come here and ask "why do you support him?". Maybe because he is playing for the club I love? I personally find it to bee quite good reason.
He has been playing in EL up to now as part of our front 3. It's not like he has been keeping out someone who has consistently shown or proven more. He just has not. He has been manager choice for those games. If you have an issue that Alli does not play, talk about in in Alli or Mou thread. Why verbally shit on Bale? Is he in fault that manager believes in him more?

I personally am starting to lose some faith in him as well, cause I hoped him to contribute more. But at the same time I acknowledge that he has only played 500 minutues since returning with us. I don't have much grounds to hope that he will pull trees out of the ground for us again. But I can still hope and cheer for it. I just don't see why this is a bad thing for Spurs fan to do. I have not fully given up on hope that he will be more useful at some point. Just like someone already meantioned - there are half-tones between "he'll be as big of a star for us as when he left" and "he is total shit who should not get a minute". I am well in this gray zone between those two options. Try something more moderate as well maybe, it's refreshing perspective for a change to black-and-white world :thumbup:

[Quoted to emphasise the highlighted points.]

Really think Jose and Gareth himself, are taking things really slowly on purpose. No point rushing it and risking injury when we have the luxury of not having to. Reckon he’ll have major input second half of the season. When the time is right, hell will be unleashed on all comers! :balescream:

The constant comments about "aww that was nice to see Bale get a few mins, he looks a little sharper today" starts to grate after a certain point, especially when he hasn't actually shown any progress. That's what I'm talking about. Everyone treats him with kid gloves.

I never call for anyone to be "bashed", just a fair reflection of where the player is. People do it with Sissoko too, "OMG, such a defensive beast OMG!", "VITAL TO OUR DEFENCE" whenever someone tries to discuss his shocking lack of actual footballing ability.

What we say on these forums, positive or negative doesn't really affect things on the pitch anyway. As long as we don't act like toxic gooner cunts, we don't need to act so soft in some misguided notion that it helps the team.

Just because someone is at the club doesn't mean they deserve our support. Players who wear the shirt with pride, try their hardest and actually contribute do. Bale is practically a non-entity at this point, he left the club under bad circumstances, and for me, he has to erase that first before I'm anything more than neutral towards him.

The Dele thing is only one minor point, but he is taking up space in the squad and not delivering anything.

Maybe I'm being a bit vitriolic cos so many people want a response, but I don't particularly hate him. I just wasn't in favour of this transfer, and I want him to either step up or piss off. I don't have the affection for him that many on this forum do. Players like Berbatov, Keane, Bale, Walker etc who force their way out of the club lose my support until they earn it back.

Really think Jose and Gareth himself, are taking things really slowly on purpose. No point rushing it and risking injury when we have the luxury of not having to. Reckon he’ll have major input second half of the season. When the time is right, hell will be unleashed on all comers! :balescream:

Up until this week, he's been similarly gentle on Gio too... As the old cliche goes... "It's a marathon not a sprint"... This season more than any before.

The constant comments about "aww that was nice to see Bale get a few mins, he looks a little sharper today" starts to grate after a certain point, especially when he hasn't actually shown any progress. That's what I'm talking about. Everyone treats him with kid gloves.

I never call for anyone to be "bashed", just a fair reflection of where the player is. People do it with Sissoko too, "OMG, such a defensive beast OMG!", "VITAL TO OUR DEFENCE" whenever someone tries to discuss his shocking lack of actual footballing ability.

You're just mangling your head with your own self-concocted hyperbole..... The rest of us have no desire to share in your dark little fantasy world that is predicated by things that people haven't actually expressed.

What we say on these forums, positive or negative doesn't really affect things on the pitch anyway. As long as we don't act like toxic gooner cunts,

You ARE acting like a gooner cunt.

we don't need to act so soft in some misguided notion that it helps the team.

Just because someone is at the club doesn't mean they deserve our support.

Errrrrrr.... It does actually...... Well, strictly speaking it's the shirt they're wearing that demands our support, but you're still way off the mark

Players who wear the shirt with pride,

He chose to come back here and work.... He could have just sat on his arse at RM and worked on his golf game and not lost a single penny in earnings... He didn't.

try their hardest

Can you please quantify your accusation that he's not trying?

(Of course you can't, so stop chatting shit!)

...If you think Jose will tolerate lazy players, you're a fool.

and actually contribute do.

Decisive contributions in 2 matches so far..... One a vitally important away EPL win.

Is that utopia? No, but it ought to be enough to keep whining, entitled little shits off his back, given his pedigree.

Bale is practically a non-entity at this point, he left the club under bad circumstances, and for me, he has to erase that first before I'm anything more than neutral towards him.

You're anything but neutral, you fake-newsing little shit-house.

The Dele thing is only one minor point,

Major bollocks on your part more like.

but he is taking up space in the squad and not delivering anything.

See above....

Maybe I'm being a bit vitriolic cos so many people want a response, but I don't particularly hate him. I just wasn't in favour of this transfer, and I want him to either step up or piss off. I don't have the affection for him that many on this forum do. Players like Berbatov, Keane, Bale, Walker etc who force their way out of the club lose my support until they earn it back.

This is just bullshit... You're relentlessly shitting on 3/4s of the squad on a daily basis and (if you hadn't noticed!) more and more people are tiring of this bilge already..... And you've barely been here 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Not sure why people have to get angry and protective about Bale, as if he was a relative - or Jimmy Greaves reborn.
Since he has been back he has been nothing short of bloody awful. One free header and a semi decent free kick and that is it. Everything else has been eclipsed by a 5 minute cameo by a 16 year old.
Yes, he has not had playing time and he has been out with injuries, but he hasnt shown any sign of any of the gifts or talents that made him the £80M player who left us, to give us any sign that he is going to be of benefit to us as a player, and as such - he is holding back the opportunity for someone else to make their mark.
I really wanted some of the old Bale back, I'd have taken 60% in Pirlo style creative role, or even 20 minute bursts of 80% pure Bale. Anything to cling to that he was back.

But at the moment, all we have is something like a tribute act, that looks like the real thing, but without the performance. To be honest, that hurts even more than if he had gone to United or even the goons, because it's like the worst prick tease.
So rip this guy to shreds if you want- but you are doing so on blind faith and desperate hope at the moment, because 4 months in, there has been no evidence to support that he will be an asset to the club.
Your capacity for self-parody is infinite. You’re losing it Mick. I know you don’t think so - that is natural - but you are. You seem more unhinged with every post you make. Personally I’d rather not witness your very public breakdown, so I will reluctantly (because you are very funny) put you on ignore.

He needs this whole season.

I expect nothing of him but to regain faith in his body - to be able to trust it and discover his limits after so long not playing and countless injuries (+ ageing).

Tbh, I just love him being home and involved.

Another negative troll, stinking up threads with relentless garbage. Joined just a few weeks ago. Destined for the bin soon enough...Has got my vote.
He's a multi all day long.

My thoughts on Bale? I think he needs start a big game, although I totally see the argument for him not deserving it, but our performances in Europe haven't been particularly inspiring, and I think he needs more responsibility and something to get his teeth into, not some shite team from Austria to gee him up.

Something needs to get him going.

Back
Top Bottom