Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

against teams that are looking to counter us, i think even bale as he is now will offer more than berg, lucas and lamela. that bit of class needed to unlock a team will come in hand a few times this season.

hopefully see some of it tomorrow
He'll certainly score more. The goal records of those 3 aren't great. Just don't understand some people losing their shit just because he's had a quiet start.

We’re kind of in an ideal spot with Bale I think. We’ve performed well enough that there’s been no pressure on us to play him too soon and there’s no pressure on him to perform immediately. He’s been able to get consistent minutes in EL, which is ideal considering how little he’s played the last two years.

He’s looked better the last couple outings and I’d imagine he gets a few chances over the holiday fixtures. If he’s totally not up for it, we have alternatives and if he finds form we’re absolutely cooking with gas up front.

I think realistically it’s probably somewhere in the middle, he plays a bit here and there and is a dangerous impact sub if we need a goal.

I just find it distateful how we're acting like such simps for a player who couldn't give less of a shit about Spurs.

He was a nightmare in his last season, as soon as an exit became a possibility. OK, fine he was a world class player, and maybe he can be decent again, but is he any different from someone like Payet or Coutinho? Would Liverpool fans call Coutinho a legend?

He should be held to the same standards as anyone else.

Bale was a model pro, gave his all when he wore our colours, didn’t leave us for one of our domestic rivals, renewed rather than run down his contract enabling Levy to sell him for megamoney and now has returned to us. In the meanwhile he won leagues titles and Champion league cups. Not too shabby in my book nor does it demonstrate not giving a shit about us.

I just find it distateful how we're acting like such simps for a player who couldn't give less of a shit about Spurs.

He was a nightmare in his last season, as soon as an exit became a possibility. OK, fine he was a world class player, and maybe he can be decent again, but is he any different from someone like Payet or Coutinho? Would Liverpool fans call Coutinho a legend?

He should be held to the same standards as anyone else.

Bore off.

You're acting like he's keeping proven players out of the first XI....

He's getting 60min run outs with the B team in the Europa League... FFS.

Meanwhile (ref: your prior post), I'm happy to continue to support Dele, but don't pretend he hasn't had a world of opportunities to impress Jose over the least year.... If you wanna compare past best form of the pair of them and say that Dele is better than Bale then that's pure idiocy.

Last edited:
iz futbal iz futbal & disagreeing with this. That is your right.

However...he's already won us 3 points this season.

Check...mate :)
2 points not 3.

Also I was disagreeing with the part where you said he won CL with Real and somehow that buys him some credit with us. It doesnt. He left on bad terms. If anything he has to work twice as hard to get some credit. Which he hasnt so far. Having said that, he looked slightly better than usual against Antwerp.

2 points not 3.

Also I was disagreeing with the part where you said he won CL with Real and somehow that buys him some credit with us. It doesnt. He left on bad terms. If anything he has to work twice as hard to get some credit. Which he hasnt so far. Having said that, he looked slightly better than usual against Antwerp.

Fair points. I disagree about the credit tho - he is a world class player who has done it all and won big matches. He isn't an average journeyman. He will win us many more two points :)

Not sure why people have to get angry and protective about Bale, as if he was a relative - or Jimmy Greaves reborn.
Since he has been back he has been nothing short of bloody awful. One free header and a semi decent free kick and that is it. Everything else has been eclipsed by a 5 minute cameo by a 16 year old.
Yes, he has not had playing time and he has been out with injuries, but he hasnt shown any sign of any of the gifts or talents that made him the £80M player who left us, to give us any sign that he is going to be of benefit to us as a player, and as such - he is holding back the opportunity for someone else to make their mark.
I really wanted some of the old Bale back, I'd have taken 60% in Pirlo style creative role, or even 20 minute bursts of 80% pure Bale. Anything to cling to that he was back.

But at the moment, all we have is something like a tribute act, that looks like the real thing, but without the performance. To be honest, that hurts even more than if he had gone to United or even the goons, because it's like the worst prick tease.
So rip this guy to shreds if you want- but you are doing so on blind faith and desperate hope at the moment, because 4 months in, there has been no evidence to support that he will be an asset to the club.

Omg why is everyone getting so upset about him, his on loan, he hasn't been shit he's just been average, I hope he gets back to performing near to his best, but if he doesn't - oh well, will be greatful for everything he gave us before leaving to Madrid....it's really not that big of deal and he also hasn't been conplete shit like some people are saying

I'm sick of everyone's opinion having to be black or white these days - if you take a balanced view his performances have been average, not terrible not amazing - if he wants a regular first team spot obv needs to improve but is still a good option to have for a season even if that does not happen. Literally as simple as that

Can't believe people really care THAT much yet.

He starts Europa League game. Games we tend to win pretty comfortably.

Until he is starting week in and week out in the Premier League and stinking up the place, then you can complain about him and the loan. He's been here less than 2 months and beforehand had only started 1 game in 7 months.

Until he is starting week in and week out in the Premier League and stinking up the place
He won't get the chance at this rate.

BTW, James Rodriguez was in a similar position, returned from Bayern and played very little after that.

Like I said earlier, Bale will start tomorrow I’m pretty certain. Jose taking him off on 55 mins and bringing on Stevie suggests to me he’s going to start Bale tomorrow and Bergwijn against Pool for his defensive capabilities

He won't get the chance at this rate.

BTW, James Rodriguez was in a similar position, returned from Bayern and played very little after that.

But Rodriguez didn't arrive injured?

And then get fit whilst a settled team got to the top of the league table.

If Bale doesn't get the chance to have a run in the Premier League - that's a testament to how good Jose Mourinho has got our first team playing.

There's no shame in that.

I won't be judging Bale's loan until the final kick of a ball of this season.

Did Jamez arrive injured?
No, but he did get injured since arriving at Everton, and recovered and got injured again. Still contributed far more than Bale.

Why are we bringing in such an injury prone player anyway?

Like I said earlier, Bale will start tomorrow I’m pretty certain. Jose taking him off on 55 mins and bringing on Stevie suggests to me he’s going to start Bale tomorrow and Bergwijn against Pool for his defensive capabilities
If he starts tommorrow, and does well, I'll be very glad. I just think it's unlikely.

No, but he did get injured since arriving at Everton, and recovered and got injured again. Still contributed far more than Bale.

Why are we bringing in such an injury prone player anyway?

But Everton are shit?

If Everton had got Bale on loan - he'd be in their team right now and starting every week.

Rodriguez doesn't get in ours.

Back
Top Bottom