Galacticos v the mighty Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel that the players are really up for this.
This is why we looked so cautious yesterday, they must have all had half an eye on this fixture, it's what they all want.

With that in mind 3-0 Madrid. ( or with my hopeful head on we might nick a draw if we play like we did against Dortmund)

They are a bunch of cheating, diving, card waving pussies but in amongst that they do play good football unfortunately

The worst thing we can do is go there and pander to them. No respect, just another team....if you have to kick Ronaldo into row z, do it. Its not La Liga, so hopefully a foreign ref wont give a shit about their antics too much.

They are indeed a great team, but so are we at our best.

We need the spirit that went to Milan and had a punch up at the final whistle....none of this "oops sorry I trod on your toe oh mighty galactico" crap

The worst thing we can do is go there and pander to them. No respect, just another team....if you have to kick Ronaldo into row z, do it. Its not La Liga, so hopefully a foreign ref wont give a shit about their antics too much.

They are indeed a great team, but so are we at our best.

We need the spirit that went to Milan and had a punch up at the final whistle....none of this "oops sorry I trod on your toe oh mighty galactico" crap

Totally agree..My only worry with that is, like I said, they are such fairies and will roll about and wave cards until one of ours gets sent off. I do believe that will happen.

Aurier could be a problem if he isn't well disciplined. We can out muscle them and scare them but we will need a good ref who isn't on their pay roll which isn't many.

I’m hoping for the battle of the Bernabeu.
Seriously, I hope we go in like steam rollers all over the pitch on these galactico twats. Show them no respect & make sure they know they’ve been in a fight. Result aside, if we give them a thoroughly hard game in every area (nothing too silly though) they will come to Wembley with an element of fear & respect for us.

I love Madrid, but also can despise them. They’ll do all they can to get a penalty or one our players carded.

However, this will be a great game. They haven’t been great this year, but you can never rule them out.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Aurier Dier Winks Davies -
- Eriksen Son -
- Kane -​

We are 7.8 in decimal odds (6.8/1 in fractional odds) to win this game. That equates to a 12.8% chance of winning. I can't remember the last time we were this highly priced. Possibly the last Madrid game, or maybe Dortmund in the EL? Or Man Utd away when Fergie was still there?

how are Madrid even likely to line up?

Casilla
Hakimi - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Modric - Kroos
Isco - Asensio - Ronaldo
Benzema
Does that sound about right?

Or will Casemeiro come in for Benzema?

how are Madrid even likely to line up?

Casilla
Hakimi - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Modric - Kroos
Isco - Asensio - Ronaldo
Benzema
Does that sound about right?

Or will Casemeiro come in for Benzema?
The Ramos v. Dele duel will be dirty and could land cards and kicks in both directions. Dele will dive and Ramos will ram into him. It's really a 50:50 situation, if it's for us we can squeeze a penalty

Back
Top Bottom