Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well a poor second half, but would have taken a scrappy one nil win two hours ago.

Three points and an ugly win keeps a bit of momentum going, my concern is the number of matches we have now played and whilst we need to rotate, the squad is nowhere near the levels needed for top four.

Fulham were always going to go for it, bottom three and fighting for their top flight status, always the most dangerous games and yes, Kane missed a couple of sitters......shock, horror, no other forward misses every chance they get, except our second top goal scorer in the clubs history.

Makes me nostalgic for iversen, Armstrong, booth and postiga......

Just relieved we didn't give away an equaliser at the end, as we have done so many times this season. I have to admit that I am glad I'm not paying £70 a pop to watch us at the moment.

Genuine question, do you think Kane’s header was one of those situations that a world class player should be putting away, to kill off a tough opponent?

Or just “oh well it will be alright if the team creates another 16 for him”
Yeah he should have buried that
But I’ve never seen a top striker miss a great chance so yeah :pochrolleyes:

The commentary said fulham have drawn 10 of their last 15 games and only 1 player that started the season is in that team, no games a given!

Fulham have beaten Leicester and drew to us and Liverpool, do you even watch football?
Yes yes I do

But they are 18th.

I understand they've been in good form recently but they are 18th and in any other season we'd be expected to beat them heavily.

1st half
We played well (off the ball mainly)...Dele looked sharp for 30 mins...Bale played OK, but should have come on at 70 mins, and not started...Harry looked tired after about 15 minutes...and a little rusty as well...he'll get there soon, he always does!

2nd half
Fulham changed shape slightly and targeted Docherty big time...we looked more and more leggy as the half rolled on...Fulham gave it everything and fought hard for a goal...but we found some grit (and luck) to snatch a vital 1-0 away win!

Anyone still upset with the 2nd half performance should note:

1, Decent FBs make all the difference to the way we defend and transition as a team. but I understand why Aurier and Reggi were rested today.

2, There is no escaping the fact that some of the players are not able to deliver their usual performance levels due to fatigue. It's affecting every team more or less, so it's understandable...if a little frustrating to watch at times.

Anyway, a great 3 points and we move on!

COYS

Gareth consoling Scotty P

Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

It’s not like we’ve been playing great and he’s the elephant in the room mate. When we played well against Burnley, he played well too because football is a team sport after all.
True but people used to say when Eriksen is poor Spurs are poor.

I think that goes for Kane.
We are better without a poor Kane altogether. Should be rotated, I don’t get it

Back
Top Bottom