Fulham v. Tottenham - March 4 18:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why when City or Liverpool win ugly, it's the "Hallmark of Champions" TM SSN!

When WE do it, we're relegation fodder, and lucky to be where we are in the league.

Either you win ugly, and it's a good thing... or if you win ugly, the league should start deducting points for not being "entertaining enough for the FUCKING NEUTRAL!"
Imagine that, 3 points for a win, but only 2 points if you don't play like Brazil 1970!

By that token, Leicester would've been relegated the year they 'won' the league playing like fucking Wimbledon did in 1986-96!

Think people are getting a bit carried away with this whole Jose football thing now. Like we never ever saw a hard fought 1-0 under Poch.

It's starting to border on the hysterical with some, and is cringey bandwagon stuff.
Nah mate this is not a hard fought anything. We got away with that big time. He had to fix us at fullback he didn't, he has to see that Hoijberge is knackered. Id seriously try Tanganga at CDM to give the lad a breather.He never even tried to wrestle back control of the midfield he brought on Sissoko...Fulham got done. Why can we build on just one progressive performance. Still the points will keep the darkness away till Sunday.

Interesting to hear the pundits: they’re ex-pros so know the score. Literally saying it doesn’t matter how the results come, just get the result. Also that sometimes shit just happens. Think that’s pretty much the score, tbh.

Agree with what they're saying re Alli as well.. great to see him doing what he does best. Feeling much more positive about our attacking options right now.

With Son, Kane, Bale and HK can now afford one of them to have an off day like HK did today and were still capable of winning.

Should have taken more of our chances in the first half, might have avoided some of the stress of the 2nd half

But 3 points taking us up to 42 points (above the magic 40 points I craved many April's up to about 2004)

4 points below Everton (also 1 - 0 winners tonight) in 4th place with same number of games played.

Need to keep getting 3 points - preferably scoring more so we can relax more !

All fun and games but the last 5 minutes was heartbreaking.
Indeed. I barely have fingernails left. Thank god we did it though. How many times have we been in that position and seen the opposition get a 94th minute equalizer after we've given away a silly free-kick (or indeed a non-free-kick sometimes)? Awesome feeling to get the win tonight. Not the greatest performance, but sometimes you need a bit of good fortune to edge out a win in a game like this. Feeling great right now. :)

Hell No

We spent 30 minutes or so hanging on for dear life against 18th placed Fulham

For me that's not good enough...

I'm glad we won but that performance was dodgy.
The commentary said fulham have drawn 10 of their last 15 games and only 1 player that started the season is in that team, no games a given!

Fulham have beaten Leicester and drew to us and Liverpool, do you even watch football?

Anyone moaning about their goal being disallowed can fuck off, yeah its a shitty rule. But its the rule.

And its not as if we haven't been fucked over by silly handball rules this season ourselves, see the theft of 2 points against Newcastle earlier in the season.

Why when City or Liverpool win ugly, it's the "Hallmark of Champions" TM SSN!

When WE do it, we're relegation fodder, and lucky to be where we are in the league.

Either you win ugly, and it's a good thing... or if you win ugly, the league should start deducting points for not being "entertaining enough for the FUCKING NEUTRAL!"
Imagine that, 3 points for a win, but only 2 points if you don't play like Brazil 1970!

By that token, Leicester would've been relegated the year they 'won' the league playing like fucking Wimbledon did in 1986-96!
I mean, you're not wrong in the first part but the key difference is that them winning ugly is usually an outlier amongst smashing teams left, right and centre.

For us it's become a habit amongst eye bleeding football.

Not sure I agree, last week we beat a side 4-0 with flair and panache, and for those that say it was only Burnley they went out and got a draw against Leicester.

Tonight was a different animal but we got over the line and while its clear to see that players like Doherty, Sissoko, Davies aren't good enough we put in a solid defensive performance.

You also have Bale and Dele coming back into the side and Lo Celso still to come, so I think there is clear indication of progress.
Its alright I guess. Its really good to have more firepower upfront. I know our midfield and fullbacks were shit today, but still, we have to learn to be able to keep the ball more and consistently. We were very close to conceding.

Anyway, lets hope it keeps on. Need to be inform for the derby. COYS

So good to win a game like that and not fuck up or get fucked over in injury time. Feel sorry for Scotty - they deserved a point for the second half performance. Hope he's not too upset - we still love you Scotty.

Personally I see a pattern of shit, that is statistically way beyond "sometimes", tbh.
I’d agree, but it seems to apply to every other team this season, apart from maybe Shitty. I’m prepared to chalk this crazy-COVID season with the insane schedule, no fans etc., off and see how things are when they’re back to ‘normal’. No teams are consistent: Liverpool are mid ‘blip’; City started dreadfully; Leicester are falling apart; same in other leagues. Odd season- think we have to put everything into the bigger context.

Back
Top Bottom