Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sarr just had a bad game. It happens. More than enough credit in the bank.

But Biss' form is a concern.
Yeah of course and he's a great young player.

However His form since he came back from Afcon hasn't been good. Don't get me wrong he has had some great moments (goal and assist)but he hasn't been anywhere near as good as before.

Don't want to knock him as he's a young player but our midfield have been struggling to control games for a while now.

The Biss, Sarr and Maddison trio has been struggling to find the early season form

Ange describing terrible defeats and awful performances as "part of our growth " is starting to wear thin and its getting on my tits to be honest

Today was disgraceful and unacceptable and he should have the balls to acknowledge it

The excellent start enhances this exaggerated idea we've made great progress.
Our points per game since Chelsea at home as been on a par with the second half of last season.
Oh the game where we lost our two centre backs and creative mid who was the in form player in the league...Ange knows what he needs to improve the team and we have performed well in the transfer market recently.

I don't get what you are actually suggesting, do you think Ange is a shit manager and we should move on to the next one?

The excellent start enhances this exaggerated idea we've made great progress.
Our points per game since Chelsea at home as been on a par with the second half of last season.

Oh the game where we lost our two centre backs and creative mid who was the in form player in the league...Ange knows what he needs to improve the team and we have performed well in the transfer market recently.

I don't get what you are actually suggesting, do you think Ange is a shit manager and we should move on to the next one?
I believe John has it right. Except for the style of play, or DNA (as some may believe), we still the same team. Mentality hasn't changed a bit.

What transfer market have we performed well In? I must be living in an alternate reality. Werner and Dragusin don't really give one a reason to go out and Pop the Champagne. All the signings made since he has left, don't make up for the loss of Kane.

Really fucking bad performance. When you're not up for it like that you deservedly get blown away.

I don't care what results have been like recently, in my opinion since Xmas there has been a marked difference in performance. All of a sudden the primary game plan - possession, dominate, force the opposition right back - has become a real struggle and the sharpness and cutting edge to our play has become very very dull. We're struggling to progress the ball, let alone create chances. Most goals recently have had to rely on counter/transition/attacking space (valid ways of scoring goals of course, but simpler to do and really not the primary game plan). The build up patterns, the runs, everything are done to death, predictable, and the opposition contain them. We have to adapt.

Then there is selection. Look we're a top PL team, these are still PL footballers, if you keep playing them of course they will have moments every game and still do good play, score goals, and get assists. But lets have some standards and be honest - the likes of Bissouma, Maddison, Bentancur, Kulusevski, and a few others have been pretty rubbish for weeks now. You can't have numerous players going out there and giving you "vast majority poor, small minority good" performances. At some point a message needs to be sent to get a reaction and set some standards.

Obviously Rome wasn't built in a day and it is the first season and there won't be linear progress, but in my opinion the performances (even in that tough spell in Nov/Dec) were of a marked difference in those first 3-4 months compared to those since Xmas/New Year. We've got to find the solutions and get back the sharpness and verve to our play and start knocking the ball about better.
I'd like to find anybody who can disagree with a word of that. 100% spot on

Back
Top Bottom