Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season was always going to be a building season. However given what Ange did at Celtic, I really thought this could also be an achievement season.

Today has been a major setback, but I think it's too soon to be talking about Ange being toast.

Perhaps people need to dial down a bit on their expectations. I certainly have, but then I'm not really a Spurs fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter so much
Ah a deluded Celtic fan. As a fellow Scot I can tell you that even the incompetent Nicola Sturgeon or Humza Yousaf could get Celtic to second place at worst in the SPFL. So winning it is only about beating Rangers. How many Celtic managers have won trebles, a few, so no great achievement there. What was his record in Europe, beaten by FC Midtjyland in Uefa CL qualifier, then 4th in Europa League group, then lost to Bodo Glimt in the Conference league qualifier. Following season 4th in Uefa CL group and failing to drop into the lesser tournaments. So not a great record to justify a big job like Spurs where expectations are high.

It's not something in the water, mate. It's the one constant that sees off every squad and every manager. That stinking, rotten presence that's always around.
You know it. I know it.
Yeah yeah yeah

that "stinking, rotten presence" was here last week too when we were smashing Villa 4-0.

Ordinarily it would be, but in a window that so few teams where making offers because of potential FFP transgressions, we had a golden opportunity. Added to that, we looked like a changing team. Many players would have bought into the idea. I don't think they'll be choosing Spurs over other teams in the summer window
January windows are always difficult. Teams don't want to sell, takes 4 to tango - buyer, seller, player, and agent.

I think we did good for January, but we have to have more in the summer.

This season was always going to be a building season. However given what Ange did at Celtic, I really thought this could also be an achievement season.

Today has been a major setback, but I think it's too soon to be talking about Ange being toast.

Perhaps people need to dial down a bit on their expectations. I certainly have, but then I'm not really a Spurs fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter so much
The Problem with Ange ball is that the PL has so many players that can hurt you if your defenders are caught up the pitch.
We saw it today, we saw it the other week against Wolves. Even these mid table clubs have real quality players who can expose you.
This isn't the Scottish PL.

I'm not convinced by it, if he can't adapt and bring a different plan he won't last

Re watch the game and take notes how many 50/50 tackles our players pulled out of. Watch a supercut of Bissouma walking around the pitch.

That was unacceptable, Klopp or Pep would have done their fucking nut over that.
how was klopps first season ?
was it also a rollercoster season ? i dont know i cnt remeber
i still think we on the right track but need def some players out and new players in
we still have many loan players on the books

Can’t we just forget about that prick?!

Of course we can, be in denial all you want.

Go see the Sonny interview, more looking mirrors, more sob stories from inside the dressing room and more room for improvement needed he thinks.

PS

Don't forget to drop your six percent season ticket increase cheque by Levy's office door, so that he can award these very players a big fat increase in the Summer.

Rinse and repeat.

FFS.
Just had McIntyre and that dopey spinning wheel show on mute and then the Weakest Link comes on with that Cottager in it despite him leaving the show (I thought?)
Feck the BBC!!

It looks like we’ve turned up thinking the three points were ours without having to fight for it!

Fulham have looked more decisive and urgent all over the pitch.

Absolutely right and we never got out of that mindset.

Sh!t can happen and it happened.

Was awful to watch but shows what complacency does.

Only harms us materially if villa beat West Ham.

And good on Fulham for taking full advantage

Willian is an exceptional player.

Back
Top Bottom