Fuck the strikers, our defence is toilet.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not going to expect too much even when he does come back. It's a shame he got injured as he had a great start to the season, but I hope fans don't have unrealistic expectations of him.

I'm not going to expect too much even when he does come back. It's a shame he got injured as he had a great start to the season, but I hope fans don't have unrealistic expectations of him.

I personally wouldn't expect him to tear it up on his return...but in terms of the team dynamic, I'm afraid my expectations are quite high.

I personally wouldn't expect him to tear it up on his return...but in terms of the team dynamic, I'm afraid my expectations are quite high.

A proper bombing wing back is exactly what we need, so in that respect I'm eager for his return, and I really want him to do well. But let's not put to much pressure on him.

He had a promising, solid start. But you're right, he needs a bit of time. Best thing will be to have some balance back.

A proper bombing wing back is exactly what we need, so in that respect I'm eager for his return, and I really want him to do well. But let's not put to much pressure on him.

I'm hoping for better defensive performances mostly, I love Verts but when playing at LB he drifts too far in and leaves a lot of room round him which, as a recent example, Fulham made a lot from. Rose has a lot more pace than Verts and will hopefully track wingers better.

I'm not sure I would class Vlad Chirches, or Etienne Capoue as attacking players. Or Paulinho for that matter, he's more of a box to box man. So let's see that's £31 million off that £100 million your harping on about. And that's before you even factor in Chadlis injury, Eriksens injury, and A bedding in period for Lamela and Soldado.

Sorry...did you just say Paulinho is not attacking? :adelol:

Now lets see, take out Vlad and Capoue, and we spent around 90M on attacking players from the 110M we spent.

Lamela and Soldado might be bedding, but we still spent the money you twonk

Last edited:
Ahh the profit/recoup argument.

We still spent 100M on attacking players though...

Example:

If I sell my car for 10,000 quid, and buy another one for 8000, have I, or have I not spent 8000 quid on a car?

I do not have the money. It is not in the bank. I spent it.
Did you originally buy the car for £20 quid though?

You're starting to sound like those rag journalists now.

We actually made a 4m net profit in the summer, let's not twist facts.

The other guy that replied to this got buried under negreps, but he was correct. Though we made a profit in the window, that doesn't change anything about the fact that we spent a lot of money on two attacking players- Soldado and Lamela- who aren't firing. We didn't spend the full £100m on them, true- but those two alone did cost us somewhere in the region of £55m (both transfer record breaking signings in the same window too). Even though we didn't cripple ourselves financially to sign them, that doesn't supercede the fact that we invested a lot of money into their talents that could, for example, have been used on other players.

So to see neither of them firing by this point in the season is a bit of a worry- but I do 100% believe that both will come good with time and patience, based on what their long history of excelling elsewhere. It's just about gearing ourselves tactically around bringing out their talents.

Our strikers have scored 1 goal between them from open play. I think the issue is how we are setting the team up.
Soldado barely gets the ball played into him. It's baffling, one of the deadliest strikers in Europe and yet we try to avoid giving him the ball..

Fuck that, the first time he misplaces a pass he's getting booed! :llorisserious:

Back
Top Bottom