Fuck the strikers, our defence is toilet.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel free to put this on the front page because I'm tired of the misconception that we are thrifty at the back. We are far from that, with Dawson in the side we are fucking far from that.

"Oh but we have conceded so few his season" I hear you cry....wrong....WRONG!

The reason we have conceded so few is our style of play. High line, high possession, high up the pitch. Tough for the opposition to score when we're camped in the oppo half. Problem is we have proved we are no barca and have trouble picking our way through a congested pitch to get the ball in a dangerous position.

When we have been exposed we have shown to be shaky and luckily Lloris has bailed us out on several occasions.

So AVBs trying to sort out the attacking problem but as a consequence exposing our week link....Dawson. Giving up a bit of possession means he is facing pacey attackers more and more and his weaknesses are being exposed....brutally.

In my view vlad and Verts should be first choice with Kaboul as back up at centre back and right back and Verts backup for Rose.

Carling and uefa should be:

Noughts right Kaboul daws in the middle and fryers left to give the others a rest.

Feel free to disagree but you will be wrong.

Never forget I have forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

Carl xx

Our defence isn't toilet Chief, but "vlad and Verts should be first choice with Kaboul as back up" agreed. Daws is starting to look like Terry did in the same setup.

(Would still let him fuck my missus though!) ;)

Bollox, we've score 2 more than Sunderland, and 1 more than West Ham, Fulham and Hull

And we just spent 100M on attacking players

Fucking leave Dawson alone, he's another victim of Mr Fakkin Crab Around A Bit

Feel free to disagree but you will be wrong.

The hallmark of a fantastic argument. Absolutely fucking watertight.

Childish rhetoric aside, you're not wrong. AVB isn't picking his formations to upset you though - I guess he feels that he's providing as much balance as he can. But I guess that unlike you, he isn't actually around them in training all week...

:holtbytongue:

I'm sure that moving forward he'll want to be picking the players you suggest! We owe it to ourselves not to look like the chavs by expecting success just because we've spent the money we got from selling the linchpin of our team.

:baletroll:

:avbmad::dawsonmean::gylfi::lennon::levywtf::walkercry:

Bollox, we've score 2 more than Sunderland, and 1 more than West Ham, Fulham and Hull

And we just spent 100M on attacking players
You're starting to sound like those rag journalists now.

We actually made a 4m net profit in the summer, let's not twist facts.

You're starting to sound like those rag journalists now.

We actually made a 4m net profit in the summer, let's not twist facts.

Ahh the profit/recoup argument.

We still spent 100M on attacking players though...

Example:

If I sell my car for 10,000 quid, and buy another one for 8000, have I, or have I not spent 8000 quid on a car?

I do not have the money. It is not in the bank. I spent it.

Yet AVB always picks him and you won't hear a bad word about AVB....weird non?
That's all i hear these days.
Yet AVB always picks him and you won't hear a bad word about AVB....weird non?
Until Rose returns, it's either Dawson or Kaboul. And while i admire Kaboul, i'd rather we play a CB, who's able to play all 90 minutes of the game. I'm also not convinced that, at this particular moment in time, Kaboul is better than Dawson.

Last edited:
Ahh the profit/recoup argument.

We still spent 100M on attacking players though...

Example:

If I sell my car for 10,000 quid, and buy another one for 8000, have I, or have I not spent 8000 quid on a car?

I do not have the money. It is not in the bank. I spent it.

I'm not sure I would class Vlad Chirches, or Etienne Capoue as attacking players. Or Paulinho for that matter, he's more of a box to box man. So let's see that's £31 million off that £100 million your harping on about. And that's before you even factor in Chadlis injury, Eriksens injury, and A bedding in period for Lamela and Soldado.

We did look very shaky at the back last night, and the 8 goals conceded in the previous two games shows we do have problems. Dawson needs a rest, and a challenge to motivate him - oddly, considering last season, he seems to be immune from being dropped.

Vertonghen and Chiriches deserve a go together. Jan does look uncomfortable playing at LB. Benny needs to come back (I know he won't/can't...) so, in reality, we're a bit screwed until the transfer window.

We did look very shaky at the back last night, and the 8 goals conceded in the previous two games shows we do have problems. Dawson needs a rest, and a challenge to motivate him - oddly, considering last season, he seems to be immune from being dropped.

Vertonghen and Chiriches deserve a go together. Jan does look uncomfortable playing at LB. Benny needs to come back (I know he won't/can't...) so, in reality, we're a bit screwed until the transfer window.
How long for Rose?

Back
Top Bottom