From Those Not Going to Those Going......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately I will not be going on Sunday. I live in Devon, have 2 young kids and rarely get to a game these days having been to the Lane for most of the 1990s and 2000s. Don't get the violins out.... It was my choice to live down here. But it's at times like these that I really miss it. I can't speak for every fan not going but to all those going: do us proud. You deserve to be there - you've spent money watching us week in week out, have got the points and now reap the rewards.

We can't control how we play on Sunday but you can control how you support the team. Sing your hearts out lads (and lasses). Make it a home game. Show those plastic fans in blue what a real fan base looks like. I have become so proud of large sections of our support and am always boasting about the atmosphere at the Lane and how much it has improved over the past 5 years. Make those of us not going proud again.

I'll be watching at home with my wife and kids (2 and 4) who'll be decked out in lilywhite. But part of me will wish with every fibre that he was there.

Right, that's enough. I've had a beer, I'm tired and emotional, it's Friday and in under 48 hours time we walk out at Wembley.

COYS.

Cheers. Can't fucking wait. As always I will sing my heart out for the boys. Always have always will.

12.30 kick off for me at Liverpool Street with 6 mates. Gonna be fucking epic.

You going to do any drinking in the Wembley area? If so, where are you planning on going?

Not sure fella. Was in the Crystal Club for Man U (was Silverspoons) and that was top drawer. It is Tottenham again this year.
Was in some out of the way pub for Pompey and it was useless and when to one a short bus ride for the Chelsea semi (The George?) That was a good venue as well.

No decision made for this match yet.

Just info for any essex based yids I live over in billericay the ivory rooms is apparently decked out in lillywhite on Sunday morning the owner is a yido so will be plenty of people down there bit on the steep side for a pint but hoping for a decent few lads up there about 10 of us going from the regulars I go with

COYS!!!

Hear hear Devon, you've got it spot on… even if we don't win on the pitch lets make sure that everyone watching on tv can see and hear who won it in the stands. Really looking forward to the Youtube videos and hearing "oh when the Spurs" ringing round Wembley!!

Dreading it and so excited in equal measure, I'm just hoping that we do the team proud and that they reciprocate by making us proud. The difference in how we will feel depending on the result is so immense, and thank goodness we have players in the side who feel it too (Mason, Kane). I'm expecting to be totally hoarse by Monday morning! COYS

Unfortunately I will not be going on Sunday. I live in Devon, have 2 young kids and rarely get to a game these days having been to the Lane for most of the 1990s and 2000s. Don't get the violins out.... It was my choice to live down here. But it's at times like these that I really miss it. I can't speak for every fan not going but to all those going: do us proud. You deserve to be there - you've spent money watching us week in week out, have got the points and now reap the rewards.

We can't control how we play on Sunday but you can control how you support the team. Sing your hearts out lads (and lasses). Make it a home game. Show those plastic fans in blue what a real fan base looks like. I have become so proud of large sections of our support and am always boasting about the atmosphere at the Lane and how much it has improved over the past 5 years. Make those of us not going proud again.

I'll be watching at home with my wife and kids (2 and 4) who'll be decked out in lilywhite. But part of me will wish with every fibre that he was there.

Right, that's enough. I've had a beer, I'm tired and emotional, it's Friday and in under 48 hours time we walk out at Wembley.

COYS.
Orson-welles-clapping.gif

This is crucial for me: as at Chavs away in December when we were 3-0 down, whatever the score, we need to show loud - almost insane - pride in our club and the lillywhite shirt. Fuck these cunts. I've got my flag. I'll have my voice. I hate Chelsea with an absolute passion. Let's fucking give it to them in the stands. Whatever it takes. For however long it is needed. We are Tottenham Hotspur and we have something they will never have or understand. Love, loyalty, passion and pride. Everywhere we goooo!!!!

Not sure fella. Was in the Crystal Club for Man U (was Silverspoons) and that was top drawer. It is Tottenham again this year.
Was in some out of the way pub for Pompey and it was useless and when to one a short bus ride for the Chelsea semi (The George?) That was a good venue as well.

No decision made for this match yet.

I went to the Green Man for Chelsea and loved it, but sadly that's not ours this time. Might head to the Torch or the Crystal Club from that list. Cheers.

Great rallying call. I'm in the gods going solo, hoping that we all come together and make the atmosphere brilliant right up to the back of the upper tier blocks. If the lads can start the game with similar intensity to NYD and the NLD then it will lift us all and we will rock Wembley. No way can their fans match us but, we will totally own the place if we're seeing effort on the pitch too.

Great rallying call. I'm in the gods going solo, hoping that we all come together and make the atmosphere brilliant right up to the back of the upper tier blocks. If the lads can start the game with similar intensity to NYD and the NLD then it will lift us all and we will rock Wembley. No way can their fans match us but, we will totally own the place if we're seeing effort on the pitch too.
In the same position as you mate, I'm sure there's loads of us "flying solo"

I was at SB for the 3-0 but we played well.....on the way out, we were getting normal abuse......and with the tube incident, let's give it too em large.......
" you know what you are, you know what you are, just Neanderthal rascists , you know what you are, just like your captain you know what you are"
" rich club , with no history"
When at SB a fella was trying to sell flags, scarfs and shit.......I asked him if he had any plastic stuff..... He repleid, " nah sold out of that " thought it was quite a good response......

Yep I'm heading for the Torch early, but want to get into the ground early......be interesting to see how many of the SB, " Bermuda blues, Kerry blues, Norweigan Blues" fake flags find their way to Wembley

I was at SB for the 3-0 but we played well.....on the way out, we were getting normal abuse......and with the tube incident, let's give it too em large.......
" you know what you are, you know what you are, just Neanderthal rascists , you know what you are, just like your captain you know what you are"
" rich club , with no history"
When at SB a fella was trying to sell flags, scarfs and shit.......I asked him if he had any plastic stuff..... He repleid, " nah sold out of that " thought it was quite a good response......

Yep I'm heading for the Torch early, but want to get into the ground early......be interesting to see how many of the SB, " Bermuda blues, Kerry blues, Norweigan Blues" fake flags find their way to Wembley
there's enough of the tossers here to spare a few - thats for sure

COYS.
Will do my best!

Back
Top Bottom