Forget about star strikers for a minute... How about CBs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Forget about star strikers for a minute... How about CB

TheBladeGunner said:
Even Newcastle want Vertonghen though they wont get him even if they finish 4th where as if Spurs finish 4th they have a chance but i'm sure we'll still seal that deal.
This is odd. I have had gooners screaming to be about Koscielny is a really good player, and of course the only reason Woolwich have ever lost games is because Vermaelan was out. Or have you guys finally recognized that they're both shit?

I think King needs to hang up his boots and take a job within Spurs, whether that be a defence coach (if there is such a thing) or speaking to youth players and moulding them.

Gallas needs to be sold to another club, not prem.

We should buy Vertonghen and Skrtle!

My opinion!

The King problem is a constantly changing back guard in my opinion.

OK, every team chops and changes through the season with the different comps but with Ledley, we are Watling to see how he is a day before a game - that really cant help consistency of other placers more than anything.

On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised if he hung up the boots but then again I would, he hasn't been shockingly bad recently - just not as good as he usually is...

Dru said:
The King problem is a constantly changing back guard in my opinion.

OK, every team chops and changes through the season with the different comps but with Ledley, we are Watling to see how he is a day before a game - that really cant help consistency of other placers more than anything.

On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised if he hung up the boots but then again I would, he hasn't been shockingly bad recently - just not as good as he usually is...
and the "King usual" is miles ahead of any other defender in the world... I'd rather have him around and use him when he feels fucking perfect (considering his situation) than not have him

Dr. Filth said:
TheBladeGunner said:
Even Newcastle want Vertonghen though they wont get him even if they finish 4th where as if Spurs finish 4th they have a chance but i'm sure we'll still seal that deal.
This is odd. I have had gooners screaming to be about Koscielny is a really good player, and of course the only reason Woolwich have ever lost games is because Vermaelan was out. Or have you guys finally recognized that they're both shit?

Because we've got fucking Johan Jouroujoudoyu as cover.

Even if King can't play up to his normal standards and is no longer first choice, as well as coaching he could playin the early cup games. Instead of chucking in a load of youngsters, put a young player next to King. Remember how playing alongside Naybet helped King?

Back
Top Bottom