Flop of the Season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

can someone define flop?

Every team have good and not so good players. Some run around alot and some have bundles of skill. Each player this season has played thier part. Was Kane a flop, Alli, Lloris, Davis, Trip, Dembele because we didnt achieve the same as last season. As with the other players mentioned above, for me its all fine lines. Flop compared to ? or just our unrealistic expectations. Disappointed may be a better because we hoped rather than flop.

Danny Rose - less than half the player he was at his peak.
Fantastic performance yesterday though. Get him back in the fold and he's twice the player Davies is. I think we should take a risk.
Give him the wages befitting of Englands best left back, and reinstall him as our first choice next season. We are a Champions League club. We need to keep our best players.

I think flop here just means "the player who performed worst compared to the rest of the squad".
It's a relative measure- doesn't necessarily mean they're shit, just that they didn't match the performance of the others.

Back
Top Bottom