Flav, I'm calling you out.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm finding this hilarious. Have any of you met him?

He's a football manager, not a fucking Spurs fan, stop acting like he should be.

Either that or be happy with Glen Hoddle as manager again.

Hypocrites

In short, pretty much everyone agrees - a great footballing appointment (for whom there is no obvious replacement) but a questionable human being.

Don't really care that he isn't a Spurs fan & doesn't pretend to be. Rankles with me that he may have been a Gooner, though.

For me its not who or what he supports(ed) its all his personality.
Happy he is here and happy for the job that he is doing but will never like him.

Dont like plenty of people I work with but they do a good job,
Why dont everyone accept people have different views on other human beings?

Weirdos ;)

The issue I have with Redknapp is that his and the clubs objectives aren't necessarily interlinked - he wants the England job, we want to be successful in the long term.

This season less so, but last felt like a bit of a one man crusade to prove himself worthy of what he perceives to be a better job.

Dru said:

He's a football manager, not a fucking Spurs fan, stop acting like he should be.

Hypocrites

I don't think I've been hypocritical at all.

What Flav is getting at is that such is the size of Harry's ego that he can't even pretend to be Spurs even though he's the Spurs boss. Nobody is naive. Not everyone at the helm can be Bill Nick. Most managers are career managers. That's also not a bad thing because if they focus at being successful (for themselves) if they are then the club they're managing will be equally successful - and that's what matters. However, you'd like to think the gaffer is completely sincere and sadly Redknapp is a contradiction. An obvious one, because he's very obvious in the way he goes about being 'Harry Redknapp - Football Manager'.

I'm happy to ignore the BS as long as he does the job. Which he's managing to do very well.

Dru said:

Hypocrites

Erm hope you know I was joking! I don't give two fucks about who he supports, who he shags, who he worships. He's been a class manager at Spurs.

S.L.R said:
Dru said:

Hypocrites

Erm hope you know I was joking! I don't give two fucks about who he supports, who he shags, who he worships. He's been a class manager at Spurs.

a class act like Dru? sure he does, S.L.R. he's probably psychic.

Thelonious said:
I didn't know I had to have met someone to think they're a cunt.

we jokingly call people cunts all the time which is just havin a larf but there are some who have a really deep seeded hated for Redknapp as if he was a fuckn murderer or paedo or somethin, that's the shit I don't understand

sure the bloke might not always operate on the right side of the law but then niether do I so I guess I can sympathize with that type of shit, I don't like these moral internet crusaders who act like they're fuckn perfect all the time

H looks out for number 1 first and foremost and I don't have a single problem with that because in my view that's what you are supposed to do as if you don't noone else will

lastly when seriously judging people it's good to know what it's like to walk in their shoes and most footy fans wouldn't have a fuckn clue what it's like to walk in his shoes

I fucking love Harry and I think he's refreshing. I can understand people thinking he says cuntish things but I wouldn't say he's a cunt or a bad human being. He's done more for charity and local communities then anyone on here I would bet.

I also find it interesting that the same honesty he tends to show and gets slated for, Benoit Assou Ekotto is lauded for and has become a cult hero for.

linnet_spur said:
I fucking love Harry and I think he's refreshing. I can understand people thinking he says cuntish things but I wouldn't say he's a cunt or a bad human being. He's done more for charity and local communities then anyone on here I would bet.

that's a brave bet considering u know nothing about any of us on here, and there's 650 people registered.

i'll take the bet, with £10 going to a respective charity of our choice.

prove to me harry's (properly declared) contributions beats my £2.5 million (i can send u independently audited annual reports), and then tell me where to send the cheque.

Back
Top Bottom