First game tomorrow... Any advice?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which stand are you in.
Hope your kid brings us good luck on his first game.

Getting away from the ground is pretty tricky. A lot of people leave early to beat the crowds but to be perfectly honest if we're still tied at 85 mins or there's no more than 1 goal difference between the sides at that point I urge you to stay.
My first ever game when I was a kid I witnessed a last minute 3-2 win and the buzz from the crowd meant I was absolutely hooked. It's worth an extra 30 mins getting home for the experience.

(Blatantly will be 5-0 down anyway)
Blatant glory hunter!

Surely this is the first time someones first game has been a brilliant win, smashing the shit out of the league leaders?
I thought it was like, written in spurs legend that your first game will always be a shit loss to a crap team...

Hi All. Yep it's safe to say that Zak enjoyed his first game! (Don't tell my mates, but I did too!) We got there an hour early to soak up the pre-match atmosphere. He was gutted when City took the lead as I'm sure you all were - but initial disappointment only made the second half performance even sweeter. Even got to see his hero Harry Kane break his drought. I was very impressed with him and his all round game. I think it's safe to say you have a fan for life. And if it's always like that (I know it's not) a dad that won't mind taking him. To crown a great day -Tranmere got a 93rd minute winner against Cheltenham... Obviously reward for sterling Dad work. Thanks all for help.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All. Yep it's safe to say that Zak enjoyed his first game! (Don't tell my mates, but I did too!) We got there an hour early to soak up the pre-match atmosphere. He was gutted when City took the lead as I'm sure you all were - but initial disappointment only made the second half performance even sweeter. Even got to see his hero Harry Kane break his drought. I was very impressed with him and his all round game. I think it's safe to say you have a fan for life. And if it's always like that (I know it's not) a dad that won't mind taking him. To crown a great day -Tranmere got a 93rd minute winner against Cheltenham... Obviously reward for sterling Dad work. Thanks all for help.
d5rr38vlb
Great story. Happy day all round for the Stone family. Keep us all posted from time to time. Wish there were more threads like this to be honest. :dierpochhug:

image.jpg
Tranmere play in white... that's good enough for me... It's the only reason I have any time for Bolton Wanderers & Preston North End!
After your amazing experience yesterday, I'm sure Spurs have a new fan... but having said that, on the the back of your heartwarming post (and pic), I think Tranmere may well have also just found some new fans on here!!

Tranmere play in white... that's good enough for me... It's the only reason I have any time for Bolton Wanderers & Preston North End!
After your amazing experience yesterday, I'm sure Spurs have a new fan... but having said that, on the the back of your heartwarming post (and pic), I think Tranmere may well have also just found some new fans on here!!
Tranmere have always been my favourite team from Merseyside...

Our kit is a tribute to PNE. Not many people know that.

Back
Top Bottom