First game tomorrow... Any advice?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi All,
I'll put my cards on the table - I'm a Tranmere Rovers supporter. I believe your local club is your only club and you can't change and as I was raised on the Wirral I'm eased to follow them even now we're non-league. My lad however is 6 and was born in London and tomorrow he is going to his first game. He is properly excited. As I don't much about the club or stadium or match day routine... Any tips for a newbe with a six year old in tow. Zak biggest wish is to get Harry Kane's autograph on his shirt. Does anyone know what time the players arrive at the ground?
Cheers. Hopefully he's a good luck charm!

Tip number one: Don't put on a red shirt with a cannon badge. The locals don't take to kindly to such travesties.

Anyway good luck, hope your kid has a good time.

Last edited:
Tell your son right now don't ever sign up for this forum in the future, total waste of time and once you are on here it's impossible to escape

Have a great time at game, get there nice and early so he can soak it all in, getting autographs is tough these days

Tottenham Star large lamb shish wrap. Antwerp Arms for local brewery (Redemption) ales.

Buy him some cool stuff after the game, that way if we've been thrashed the goodies will cheer him up and you'll leave on a good note.

First things first mate best read this Spurs v City - travel information 24 September 2015 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com. The trains have been fucked for a few match days now.
Due to the new stadium works the players car park is now a 15 foot hole in the ground, I am not 100% certain where they park now, but I think it is now in the school car park on Worcester Ave, which is the East Stand side of the ground. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. They use (hopefully still do) the South Stand Executive Entrance to the stadium which is roped off after games, but that is where most people wait to get autographs.

Never Red.

First things first mate best read this Spurs v City - travel information 24 September 2015 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com. The trains have been fucked for a few match days now.
Due to the new stadium works the players car park is now a 15 foot hole in the ground, I am not 100% certain where they park now, but I think it is now in the school car park on Worcester Ave, which is the East Stand side of the ground. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. They use (hopefully still do) the South Stand Executive Entrance to the stadium which is roped off after games, but that is where most people wait to get autographs.

Never Red.
Brilliant. Thanks Guido.

Hi All,
I'll put my cards on the table - I'm a Tranmere Rovers supporter. I believe your local club is your only club and you can't change and as I was raised on the Wirral I'm eased to follow them even now we're non-league. My lad however is 6 and was born in London and tomorrow he is going to his first game. He is properly excited. As I don't much about the club or stadium or match day routine... Any tips for a newbe with a six year old in tow. Zak biggest wish is to get Harry Kane's autograph on his shirt. Does anyone know what time the players arrive at the ground?
Cheers. Hopefully he's a good luck charm!
Rule #1. When your eyes start to bleed from boring football, the correct response is to punch yourself in the balls.

If you feel life has no meaning and want to end it all, as you can't take the despair and depression any longer....
ask at the box office for a seat next to a guy called Sammy

The club will raise the child as one of its own.

Which stand are you in.
Hope your kid brings us good luck on his first game.

Getting away from the ground is pretty tricky. A lot of people leave early to beat the crowds but to be perfectly honest if we're still tied at 85 mins or there's no more than 1 goal difference between the sides at that point I urge you to stay.
My first ever game when I was a kid I witnessed a last minute 3-2 win and the buzz from the crowd meant I was absolutely hooked. It's worth an extra 30 mins getting home for the experience.

(Blatantly will be 5-0 down anyway)

Tell your son right now don't ever sign up for this forum in the future, total waste of time and once you are on here it's impossible to escape

Have a great time at game, get there nice and early so he can soak it all in, getting autographs is tough these days
What are you inferring number 7? (Not one for the teenagers!)

What are you inferring number 7? (Not one for the teenagers!)

For once Dixie the reference has beaten me! Usually good with all the old school stuff. I've heard of "come I number 7" but never sure where it came from!

I love this place Dixie but sometimes wish I never found it, could have started a business and made some money in the time I have been on here!!

For once Dixie the reference has beaten me! Usually good with all the old school stuff. I've heard of "come I number 7" but never sure where it came from!

I love this place Dixie but sometimes wish I never found it, could have started a business and made some money in the time I have been on here!!
It was a reference to a show from the sixties. The Prisoner with Patrick Mcgoohan.
:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom