Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what - we'd still only have lost 2-3 even if he'd blasted it into the top corner, through the netting, the stands and all the way to the moon. 2-3. Those are the hard facts.

His mistake came before the 2 by our defenders... the goal would have had us leading in the tie, which could have forced any number of tactics to be changed by either manager. It would have also served to mentally disable Fiorentina in at least some small way. Say they press higher to get a goal back -- we hit them on the counter again and suddenly we're 2 up in the tie.

Soldado's shit show was the catalyst, the summation, the alpha and omega of Spurs' implosion.

The other players get a pass because they've shown the ability to consistently contribute to Spurs winning games. Soldado scores a goal here or there, but I'd say his howlers to goals ratio is probably around 3:1. That was one of the worst errors I've ever seen a professional make -- as someone mentioned, something the fucking U7s could have put away. Soldado's mistake was something akin to one you see your friend make when he doesn't hold down the Y button long enough while playing FIFA drunk as shit.

I feel nothing but seething, firehot rage when it comes to Soldado at this point. I'm annoyed, I'm pissed off, I'm disappointed, I'm embarrassed, I'm hungry, I've got to take a massive shit but I'm so pissed off at Soldado I feel the need to finish this post... I'm just fucking done. I hope I never see him put the shirt on again.
Everything I wanted to say but I am too angry to try and articulate my points of view. Soldado is a cunt! That's about the best I can manage right now

Reading through this thread and some of you cunts need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Now I don't mind slagging off our team with that shower of shit performance ( lamela and soldado once again on top form ) but it seems like some of you internet wankers just love winning the cyber arguement. People like Jayc1 Jayc1 ArcspacE ArcspacE sammyspurs sammyspurs DanSpur11 DanSpur11 I hope none of you sad twats are at wembley on Sunday cause your the type to fucking sit there with "I told you so's" if things go tits up. What a miserable sad bunch, and to think I agreed with Sammy the other day when yourself and jayc1 sit there fucking writing bollox for 88 mins of a match, how do you guys even watch the match if you spend 3 quarters of it writing on here ?
I see where you are coming from mate and I'm sorry if I came across a bit over the top, had a shit day at work, a week of bad news and this bad performance put the cherry on the cake, usually I don't get this mad at a game but this match really ruffled my feathers with our major dominance and defensive woes, I will be at Wembley on Sunday just as I attend every home game and the reachable away games, if you don't want me to go, so be it, that's your opinion, I'll sell my tickets and ruin my family's experience if you so wish, once again sorry for my bitchyness, hope you enjoy Sunday :eriksenserious::pochbye:

On the one hand I wish we would dick the Europa League off. We never perform in it, the games are always turgid, we play hashed up teams that slog through the group stages and then get knocked out by a team we should be beating. Not to mention having to play Thursday/Sunday all the time.

On the other hand, if we ever want to play Champions League again we need to be able to play 2 games a week and not suffer so much because of it.

Our squad depth isn't good enough in my opinion, nowhere near.

Wow, a lot of you are really having a melt...

Am I the only one that is more or less happy with this result? We are out of the Europa League…an otherwise fucking useless competition for us that would have kept getting more and more difficult, as well as sucking as dry of energy. We have a better chance of breaking into the top 4 than winning the Europe League and anyone who says differently, well you sure are having a laugh. Who here really wanted Spurs to put forth all effort into the fucking Europa League…because that would have eventually owned us as we kept at it and we would’ve surely lost out on the cup and top 4.
Why curse today’s performance in a competition we honestly had no business in considering we’ve had the first realistic shot at top 4 in a long while, which is where we SHOULD be concentrating. 12 matches remain, and 3 or 4 other clubs battling for the same thing as us. Chances are pretty much level across the board as well as us having a slightly easier schedule than some of the other clubs.
To every fan here having a melt and saying we don’t have a shot at CL…until the final match of the season happens and we don’t get into Champion’s League and you can tell me ‘told ya so’,…piss off. Because until that moment, I’m remaining confident we can pull it off and I’m standing behind the squad and Poch as well. Anything can happen. We are 3 points away from sitting 4. Winning the cup will give us an epic boost of confidence, and losing the cup will hurt our morale sure, but will give us the fire under our ass to make a final push for CL.

Poch, Kane, 4-2-3-1, heart, and drive will take us to top 4. It can fucking happen.

I know we play in a massive game Sunday but that tonight was a disgrace on how big that game was.Come Sunday if we do not win same old bollocks will come out to many games same thing ever year same kind of place we get to

So what - we'd still only have lost 2-3 even if he'd blasted it into the top corner, through the netting, the stands and all the way to the moon. 2-3. Those are the hard facts.
Lol. You really think that the game would have had the exact same outcome if Soldado would have scored? Don't even try mate

Back
Top Bottom