Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He cant legislate for that...but what he could have done is minimise the risk of getting raped against Chelsea in 68 hours, by not fielding 7 of the first team tonight
We could get raped on Sunday even if poch got you and me in to play tonight.
The game's about glory ffs. Give yourself a chance to win every game you play. If you're trying to instill a winning mentality you can't advocate effectively throwing a game ffs - such an English way of thinking :adegrin:

I wanted to win but I'm not overly disappointed we are out, we don't have the quality of players in reserve to rotate and players playing Thursday and Sunday Fuck that focus on Sunday and then the league, COYS

I wanted to go further in Europe. And if we win on Sunday I'd actually have prioritised the Europa League over the Prem because I don't feel we'll finish in the top 4. Winning trophies > finishing 4th for me, always has, always will.

If we lose on Sunday, ugh. Never thought I'd feel so down about Spurs less than two weeks since we beat Woolwich so well.

Got in from work to see the final whistle.

Summation please!!!
Soldado had a 2 on 1 with the keeper, Chadli to his left. He tapped it as lightly as he could of towards the keeper.
Fazio with time and space got dispossessed on the half way line, goal.
Vertonghen had ball in box under pressure, had no idea anti-Semite Salah was behind him, tackled and goal.

Soldado has become like a caricature of himself
...what, like this?
cache_20239840.jpg

Poch does a lot of talking about rotation..

Problem is, it wasnt Rose, Dier and Mason who we were bothered about getting overused tonight.

He rested three players who no one would have overly cared if they wasnt in the starting line up on Sunday.

I'm not even angry at Soldado. Absolutely he should have done better, an absolute shocker.

But we've got a good squad and we deserve this trophy on Sunday. The crowd will help and hopefully creativity will get better.

I'm doing my absolute best to stay positive, and so should you.

Reading through this thread and some of you cunts need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Now I don't mind slagging off our team with that shower of shit performance ( lamela and soldado once again on top form ) but it seems like some of you internet wankers just love winning the cyber arguement. People like Jayc1 Jayc1 ArcspacE ArcspacE sammyspurs sammyspurs DanSpur11 DanSpur11 I hope none of you sad twats are at wembley on Sunday cause your the type to fucking sit there with "I told you so's" if things go tits up. What a miserable sad bunch, and to think I agreed with Sammy the other day when yourself and jayc1 sit there fucking writing bollox for 88 mins of a match, how do you guys even watch the match if you spend 3 quarters of it writing on here ?

...I don't know what's more pathetic - our play tonight, or Poch's decision to bring key players all the way to Italy for this worthless tin pot tourney?
COYS
Look at it this way, the lads had a nice relaxing trip to Florence in the week before a final and played a friendly just to keep everyone's eye in...

the club really needs to view this competition with the contempt it deserves and simply play youth teams in it from now on.
Its either a shit or bust competition, going at it half arsed is a waste of resource and a drain (as we have seen) on the league position.
Shit or get of the pot, basically.
UEFA need to make it a true cup competition ie knock out only, and only competed for by the clubs that start the competition.

I love the hatred for Soldado, yet other players who were directly involved with us conceding 3 goals from schoolboy errors get off free.

Yes he fucked it up. Royally. And losing on Sunday may mean him barely playing for Spurs again. But what he fucked up was one (1, uno, ein, en) chance, that single chance we created all game. While over 2 games we gave away 3 horrendous goals, not due to opposition quality but due to sheer stupid mistakes.

Who is the real crook of this 1-3 agg defeat, again?

Soldado,
:levyeyes:

On the plus side, with any luck this is the last game Soldado starts for us.

I love the hatred for Soldado, yet other players who were directly involved with us conceding 3 goals from schoolboy errors get off free.

Yes he fucked it up. Royally. And losing on Sunday may mean him barely playing for Spurs again. But what he fucked up was one (1, uno, ein, en) chance, that single chance we created all game. While over 2 games we gave away 3 horrendous goals, not due to opposition quality but due to sheer stupid mistakes.

Who is the real crook of this 1-3 agg defeat, again?

Mate, come on.

Soldado has been a constant disappointment ever since we signed him. We spend a third of the Bale money on Soldado and he's barely scored in all this time. The supporters have been incredibly patient with him, and he's never given anything back.

We could get raped on Sunday even if poch got you and me in to play tonight.
The game's about glory ffs. Give yourself a chance to win every game you play. If you're trying to instill a winning mentality you can't advocate effectively throwing a game ffs - such an English way of thinking :adegrin:

Its not throwing a game.

Its using players who we are paying millions of pounds a month, to go out there and do a fucking job when we need them too, instead of paying them millions of pounds a month to play playstation at home, while we knacker the fuck out of our first team, 2 days before a cup final.

We were shit tonight. The "B" team might have actually done a job. What was the point?

Back
Top Bottom