Favourite and Worst Signings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best signing?
I would say Ozzie but I really became a Yid at the '81 Cup Final when Ozzie and Ricky were already there. Love it when we signed Gazza but the signing that just blew me away at the time was Klinsmann. That signing felt like signing Ronaldo would feel now.

Worst signing?
Raisak. There were other bad signings with hindsight but this one felt bad to me from the start.

Worst-For one its obviously Gilberto, there is no scale known to man in which Gilberto comes anything but bottom. personally though mine would be Giovanni Dos Santos, seemed to have everything at the time, elaborate name, pace and goalscoring prowess, fresh from scoring a hat trick for the all mighty Barca. His career was due to take off in Lilly White, unfortunately the only thing he seemed to take off was nightclub armbands 'the morning after'. So much promise and phh. Shot a blank.

Best-as a signing Rafa VDV. World class from Madrid completely out of the blue and in the final minutes of TRANSFER FUCKING DEADLINE DAY!!! Made me very exite. Obviously Bale has been our best signing though, the bloody scamp.

Good shout on jonny two saints.

The amount of idiots that thought he was the second coming was incredible. Even up to his obvious departure.

Ruddy good shout.

Alan Hutton was the worst. Mainly because he wasn't cheap and I thought he'd be a world beater. Just edges out the fortune spent on Bentley because of that goal at The Death Star.

Best is Ginola. Nuff said.

Although, I really liked Richard Gough too.

best: young pyo lee
i got to follow spurs because of him
also, brilliant performance in his first season
we finished 5th, as the 4th lowest conceding team

worst: BENTLY

Favourite signing is probably Vertonghen. He oozes class and does everything with such a lackadaisical swagger that makes me want to keep my eye on him during games. If he leaves us, then he will play for a big club like Barcelona, Juventus et al. one day.

Worst signing is Bentley for me. Spunking £16 million on him was an absolute waste

Back
Top Bottom