Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He visited again...

1897775_10152037184873505_1944167823_n.jpg

Video Interview

Didn't this fat cunt also say he loved West Ham...

just watched the adam richman half time interview in full. His heart seems to be in the right place but he dropped a couple of clangers for sure.
Coyte asked him which players he thinks he channeled when doing his food challenges and he reeled off a few like vdv, mackay, bale and Coyte says to him "so no ramon vegas in there them?" and he replies "no no vagueries at all..." :paulinhobored:

I think he fell into the trap of thinking there was no promotion and relegation when he started following football and picked one team per league........hence

Prem - Spurs
Cham - West Ham
L1 - Leeds
Still, for such a big fan you would expect that he would know it's just a ridiculous notion. I mean, I don't want to be hard on the guy because it seems that he genuinely loves the team, but I had to stop his "interview" about half-way through. When he brought up "taxi for Maicon" for the second time as for why the ground is so special and said that he bleeds blue, I stopped it.

I met him in NYC earlier this year and asked him about the spammers. He said a friend gave him the shirt. Seemed like a nice enough fella. Had a disagreement with him about Chadli, but he definitely loves Spurs.

Still, for such a big fan you would expect that he would know it's just a ridiculous notion. I mean, I don't want to be hard on the guy because it seems that he genuinely loves the team, but I had to stop his "interview" about half-way through. When he brought up "taxi for Maicon" for the second time as for why the ground is so special and said that he bleeds blue, I stopped it.
i was exactly the same... his only memory of tottenham seemed to be "Taxi for Maicon"
made me fucking cringe

I think Chadli will come good. He doesn't.
To be fair- I'm in the minority on that one. Based on the last few appearences though- I'm looking wiser and wiser.

I like Chadli. Solid player.

Adam Richman is a "typical yank". As in what us UK fans expect of an American fan, not necessarily what a typical American fan is though. (No offensive to gun wielding rednecks on here. Don't invade me I have no Oil).

:adebaehug:

i was exactly the same... his only memory of tottenham seemed to be "Taxi for Maicon"
made me fucking cringe
The whole thing is definitely cringe-inducing, but the worst part for me was when he was being introduced and walking out to the pitch. This is the best way the announcer can describe him as he's walking out waving to the silent crowd...

"...which goes on eating ridiculously large helpings of food...basically..."

:lloris:

Hah, look at some of you fellas ... being a bit harsh towards Adam Richman.
Can't we just say that at times he has been a victim of ignorance, just as many newbies are prone to?

I agree some of the things that Richman said were cringe worthy (especially to older fans) but to bring a bit neutrality ...

First of all, that tweet was almost 2 years ago. Who knows what his views are now?
And as for that 'Taxi for Maicon' reference, if his heart is in the right place (as someone else pointed out), being in a stadium full of fans (for the first time), who support the very club that you are so fond of, can be quite emotional. He could have been pretty overwhelmed, and thus why he kept on referring to that same song, which may just be a strong memory that he holds so vividly.

Idk, maybe it's just me being naive ... I'm not particularly a big Richman fan, but just am glad that this American supports Spurs, where so many just end up blindly inclining to one of the bandwagon clubs instead.

I like him, even if sometimes his show makes me feel sick through the overindulgence.

His english accent was pretty good on the video from Spurs TV to be fair!

Even if he doesn't quite see it the same as us, he's obviously getting a lot of emotional rewards from supporting the team and good on him. The things people are pulling him up on are no different to no doubt at least 20% of "fans" in this country

Back
Top Bottom