FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not with us he isn’t. Do you support Mourinho or Spurs? Don’t answer - you’ve already defaulted to the dreadful insulting cunt you’ve always been. Forum drunk? Just read your own obsequious, arse licking posts. Now fuck off. You’re a cancer on this forum - read your own posts - everyone is a cunt. You’re a horrible, thick, cowardly little arse wipe who was reduced to baiting me with the tag line under your avatar. You really are a disgusting piece of human effluent.

giphy.gif

Went yesterday ,few positives-Son and Moura busy, Gio does look a player to me-hope we sign him permanently .Poor Sess looks devoid of confidence, god knows why as he has good feet and great athleticism, really hope he can grow in self belief-I see a young Gareth Bale in there somewhere.
Plenty of empty seats in our end,it would appear plenty paid £15 for the 4 ticketing points on offer with no intention of going, thus denying others the opportunity to attend.Shame.
Think the remainder of this season could be uncomfortable viewing but that is something us supporters of a certain vintage are well used too.COYS!!!!

Compare the two records

Then tell me who is the better manager

Who is the serial loser?
You are for starters, pretty much everything you try to debate you get made to look foolish over.
Trying to start a debate about a serial winner who has managed nothing but clubs with obscene amounts of money. After Porto we are the most impoverished club hes managed, and he cant manage to beat Middlesborough.
It's the players that are the problem, not either manager.
FFS!

You are for starters, pretty much everything you try to debate you get made to look foolish over.
Trying to start a debate about a serial winner who has managed nothing but clubs with obscene amounts of money. After Porto we are the most impoverished club hes managed, and he cant manage to beat Middlesborough.
FFS!

He inherited a demoralised dispirited team and anyone with the slightest intelligence would understand that and not expect instant success
Doesn’t apply to you or the Forum drunk though clearly

FFS!
The reason he got to those rich clubs in the first place Mick is because of the great things he did with Porto....

You are aware that Jose has only won the FA Cup once and that was 13 seasons ago?

With all due respect you’re doing exactly what you constantly accuse Sammy of doing

I never mentioned the FA Cup at all!!

I was comparing what Jose has won to what Poch has managed
No contest really

Poch didn't win, but he certainly made us contenders. In 15/16 we were Leicester's biggest contender until a late slip. In 16/17 we were first contenders to Chelsea. And last season we of course came criminally close to winning the Champions League. All this managed on way lower budgets than other top teams.

I seriously don't care how much Mourinho have won. I'm concerned about his future not his past.

Poch is a better manager because he develops players. If he doesn't manage to win a trophy when he gets a chance at one of Europes elite clubs, I'll remove him from the bracket of "elite" managers.
Good post

The reason he got to those rich clubs in the first place Mick is because of the great things he did with Porto....
Yep, he did.
I didn't say he couldn't manage, or was a bad one. But if Poch had worked under An Abramovich he would have won shit loads as well. So far hes managed espanyol, soton and us, 3 clubs with fiscal constraints.
My point is that both are being hamstrung here with the squad, not their abilities.

Yep, he did.
I didn't say he couldn't manage, or was a bad one. But if Poch had worked under An Abramovich he would have won shit loads as well. So far hes managed espanyol, soton and us, 3 clubs with fiscal constraints.
My point is that both are being hamstrung here with the squad, not their abilities.

He had the squad to win things and he didn’t

Go figure

With all due respect you’re doing exactly what you constantly accuse Sammy of doing

I never mentioned the FA Cup at all!!

I was comparing what Jose has won to what Poch has managed
No contest really
Well, this is the FA Cup that we are playing in right now. It's relevant.

Not specifically aimed at you Baz but listening to the commentary of the game yesterday (I think it was BT, had Clive Allen on co-coms) all they kept saying is how great Jose's record is in the Cup. I think it started as a point about his record in the 3rd round but that got dropped after about 10mins and throughout the entire game the theme as he has a brilliant FA Cup record. This only builds the narrative that "today" he's a great manager.

The fact remains he's only won it once in his entire career and it was 13yrs ago! Yet, people keep seeing him as the only manager that will get us silverware. I don't get where this comes from.

I think they have VAR at home games for EPL teams but nowhere else. It does seem not right, either every game has it or none.

Man City squeakd through last year on an offsides goal that would have been disallowed by VAR but it was at Swansea so no VAR.
I read that Championship grounds aren’t set up for it.
So in a way, had the tie been at OUR ground, we'd be through!
As much as I'd appreciate the advantage it really isn't fair on anyone to have some games WITH VAR and some without.

Surely a competition which prides itself on 'anyone can beat anyone on the day' is no longer that any more...

Bloody FA Cup being ruined by the PL powers that be, yet again!

Went yesterday ...
Plenty of empty seats in our end,it would appear plenty paid £15 for the 4 ticketing points on offer with no intention of going, thus denying others the opportunity to attend.Shame.
Think the remainder of this season could be uncomfortable viewing but that is something us supporters of a certain vintage are well used too.COYS!!!!
I went too... and one of the strangest things I saw/heard, was a guy in the concourse at HT 'proudly' proclaiming he hadn't been upstairs all half... been in the concourse all that time and hadn't watched a second of the game...

Apart from taking into account how small the away concourse was, I GENUINELY don't understand why you'd do that?
(He had a lomdon accent, so can only assume he wasn't local) so to travel all that way and then stand in the concourse all game...

What a waste of a ticket!

I went too... and one of the strangest things I saw/heard, was a guy in the concourse at HT 'proudly' proclaiming he hadn't been upstairs all half... been in the concourse all that time and hadn't watched a second of the game...

Apart from taking into account how small the away concourse was, I GENUINELY don't understand why you'd do that?
(He had a lomdon accent, so can only assume he wasn't local) so to travel all that way and then stand in the concourse all game...

What a waste of a ticket!

There are people that appear to do that at WHL! Strange behaviour.

Went yesterday ,few positives-Son and Moura busy, Gio does look a player to me-hope we sign him permanently .Poor Sess looks devoid of confidence, god knows why as he has good feet and great athleticism, really hope he can grow in self belief-I see a young Gareth Bale in there somewhere.

I reckon everyone that wanted to do the game would have got a ticket. Twitter was awash with them.

Back
Top Bottom