FA Cup 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And they can't get home afterwards. Unless they only live around the corner...
Was talking to an Aussie man city fan based in the UK and I just cannot get my head around 10pm being the last train up north.

The 5 major regional hubs in victoria all have trains from Melbourne after 11:45pm and then coaches at 1am and 2am Sat morning.

These 5 locations wouldn't be able to combine the population to that of Manchester. Probably comparable to that of Newcastle.

Just blows my mind a city the size of London can't get away fans home after a night game of football.

I deffo want to go to this, tickets go on sale on the 18th.

I am OH+, I wanted to get tickets for my daughter and foster child. Will they need CRNs? As neither are members.
I don't think you'll be able to do it:

One Hotspur Members:
Tickets will become available to all One Hotspur Members, including access Members, from 2pm on Thursday 18 January. During this window all One Hotspur Members, and Season Ticket Holders who have yet to purchase, will be able to purchase 1 ticket per Client Reference number.

I think by "1 ticket per CRN" they mean members and ST holders, although it's not 100% clear.

Also:

Full details on how to book one of our Family Packages can be found here.

Under "How Do I Book a Family package" it says "In order to book a family package, every supporter in your booking must be eligible to purchase a ticket in their own right", which I don't think someone with only a CRN will be able to do.

So I think you need memberships for all in your group, although CRNs would be a must so I'd get them anyway. In any case, with 6,000 ST holders having to move I think they will sell out in minutes if not before they even go on sale to members. The chances of getting three together will be vey slim anyway.

Last edited:
Was talking to an Aussie man city fan based in the UK and I just cannot get my head around 10pm being the last train up north.

The 5 major regional hubs in victoria all have trains from Melbourne after 11:45pm and then coaches at 1am and 2am Sat morning.

These 5 locations wouldn't be able to combine the population to that of Manchester. Probably comparable to that of Newcastle.

Just blows my mind a city the size of London can't get away fans home after a night game of football.
Trains from Melbourne to Manchester? :gazza:

I don't think you'll be able to do it:

One Hotspur Members:
Tickets will become available to all One Hotspur Members, including access Members, from 2pm on Thursday 18 January. During this window all One Hotspur Members, and Season Ticket Holders who have yet to purchase, will be able to purchase 1 ticket per Client Reference number.

I think by "1 ticket per CRN" they mean members and ST holders, although it's not 100% clear.

Also:

Full details on how to book one of our Family Packages can be found here.

Under "How Do I Book a Family package" it says "In order to book a family package, every supporter in your booking must be eligible to purchase a ticket in their own right", which I don't think someone with only a CRN will be able to do.

So I think you need memberships for all in your group, although CRNs would be a must so I'd get them anyway. In any case, with 6,000 ST holders having to move I think they will sell out in minutes if not before they even go on sale to members. The chances of getting three together will be vey slim anyway.
Fuck them then, I'll chance my own ticket then lol

Really? It’s 2024 and I thought that word had been consigned to history.

Sorry, no offence intended. Just meaning idiot / general bulb from my usage.

The type who post up a picture of the stadium two hours before kick off captioned; another sell out at the Emptihad LOL to try and get some social media likes. The clickbait 'footy' accounts are full of them when they're not bantering on who is better out of Ronaldo or Messi.

City have very solid support from back in the day. Still a bit surprised they want 9,000 from us for this though. Fair play if they actually sell it out, guess we'll see soon.

Last edited:
So you can't get a pair of tickets all year for Prem fixtures because no concessions are available even 10 minutes after the ticketing system opens... then the FA Cup gives you a chance to take your kid and they've put both matches on a Friday 8pm.

These arseholes really, really don't care about the next generation of supporters.

So you can't get a pair of tickets all year for Prem fixtures because no concessions are available even 10 minutes after the ticketing system opens... then the FA Cup gives you a chance to take your kid and they've put both matches on a Friday 8pm.

These arseholes really, really don't care about the next generation of supporters.
With city getting 9000 you’re already screwed if you’re not an ST holder.

I always book that week off because it's my birthday. (60th)
A couple of months back I was diagnosed with a hernia.
No prizes for guessing which day the operation falls on.
I've a 4 day window between surgery and the game.
Luckily it's only a 15 minute walk from my house to the ground.
People will probably think I've shit myself, the way I'll be walking though.
Just do the Mickey Flanagan cockney walk..

I think it's been picked for 'international coverage', why a Friday night though is a weird one.
I read that there’s some sort of scheduling issue with Chelsea not being allowed to play at the same time as Fulham and Fulham having to play Saturday because their opponents are playing Tuesday or something. TBH I lost the will to live halfway through the explanation and I don’t give a shit if Chelsea v Villa is on Friday. Or any other day come to think of it.

I read that there’s some sort of scheduling issue with Chelsea not being allowed to play at the same time as Fulham and Fulham having to play Saturday because their opponents are playing Tuesday or something. TBH I lost the will to live halfway through the explanation and I don’t give a shit if Chelsea v Villa is on Friday. Or any other day come to think of it.

That type of thing definitely came into last round. There were absolutely loads of London teams at home so it had to be spread out regardless of TV picks

Back
Top Bottom