Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit concerning what 3 at the back means for Sonny. The lad's done incredibly well last season. Don't wanna see him benched.

Bit of a weird Pre-Match write up in the Guardian:

Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend

3) Might Goodison be a home from home for Spurs?
Moving into a lavish new home …. that will secure their status for a generation … but at the worst possible time ... is the absolute height of Spurs. Though they have learned something from the errors of others, seemingly building a ground not a stadium, there is no escaping the disaster that was not staying put for one more season. But who was to know that after nearly 30 years without, the club would once again have a team to contest league titles, and for whom the elemental advantages of White Hart Lane – its familiarity, atmosphere and tight spaces – would be so crucial to their style of play.

Now, though, it is impossible to conceive of them becoming champions while playing at Wembley, nor as they settle in somewhere new, and while their fans can wait – it has been a while already – their players cannot afford similar levity. Inevitably, some will leave, whether for medals or financial parity with the third best-paid board in England.
Already this season, Spurs have dropped more points at home than in the entirety of last, and already this season, Spurs have done as they did in the previous two, undermining their title challenge with a slow start. Accordingly, they must get going on their travels, and though they could wish for a more welcoming trip than to Goodison, they will find a pitch almost as compact as that at White Hart Lane, may its memory be for a blessing, and more space in which to enjoy it than was afforded them by Chelsea and Burnley.

With Spurs, there is, in a sense, never anything for which to look out: they play the same way in more or less every game, just far too well for most teams to cope. But on Saturday they will feel they have something to prove, and more than that, they simply cannot afford to lose. In particular, these circumstances should agitate and excite Dele Alli, whose intelligence, attitude and edge were so crucial to England in midweek. As such, watching him perform should be one of the highlights of the weekend – at least for those who prefer football to vacant moralising and self-hating narcissism.

Although they may be stating the inevitable, its probably a little early to write off our season as a "disaster" or even say that failing to win the league this year will mean that its inevitable that key players will leave.

Odd.

Although they may be stating the inevitable, its probably a little early to write off our season as a "disaster" or even say that failing to win the league this year will mean that its inevitable that key players will leave.

Odd.
Way too early to write off this season.

This time last season we had 1 whopping point more.

The season is long and the squad is quality. We'll finish solidly

Odd.
Staying at WHL for another season would have been the disaster, not moving to Wembley. We will be fine.

Odd.
Ridiculous dig both in the article and the linked tweet. Levy is definitely well compensated but it's not a sum that interferes with our ability to buy players and no players are leaving Spurs for "financial parity" with the board - all the players who could get a pay rise elsewhere are already making well and above what the board make. Shit attempt at wit...and I'm hung over so it makes it even more annoying.:lamelaaghh:

:cool:Don't think I'll catch this game as there isn't a supporters club in Hawaii
You're in paradise, yet you are still taking the time to post on here.

Just when I thought I couldn't love you more, Mrs. P......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Odd.
Also rewriting last season, it was our best ever start to a PL campaign. The press spent that past 6 months saying all of our players will leave, we lost one and fingers crossed may have bought a better player. As you say, Odd.

Cue a 2 or 3 nil loss or squandered chances and a draw.

Not feeling it at all.

Too much uncertainty whereas lsst season just had a sniff of quality and inrvitability.

Hope I am wrong.

@ Case , is there a way to sin bin / foul mindblown and his spare accounts at the same time ?

Last edited:
You're in paradise, yet you are still taking the time to post on here.

Just when I thought I couldn't love you more, Mrs. P......

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Love you too x
I've treated myself to one of those new fangled phones that does more than text and call and have figured out how to actually do stuff on it (with a little help from my little "skin 'n blister")! Mind you from tomorrow we're sailing and the ship's WiFi is too bloomin' expensive to use. Mind you I might have to swallow the cost to find out next week's results! Aloha :)

Back
Top Bottom