Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if we'd won that was absolutely shit - again - and conceding late on just confirms that.

Sorry lads but not liking this at the moment, last couple of months performances have been patchy at best and I haven't really enjoyed them. People can make excuses about the players we've had missing but before Xmas we might have been losing games like Villa and West Ham but we were completely dominating and knocking the ball around nicely and playing some really sharp stuff.

Everton x 2, Bournemouth, Brentford the other day, and others in recent weeks we only do stuff in moments, possession play has got really shoddy, we struggle to control and keep the game played in the opponents half and it gets end to end and we're wide open and look really vulnerable. Some days we get away with it, today we didn't.

They've got to knock their heads together and get performances back up to what they were earlier in the season.

Gave too many balls away in the centre of the park from defenders, lost count of how many times it happened. Every set piece looked like a problem for us. I'll take the point

Let's just face it......VAR could put up any old shit that they fancy and everyone just has to accept it.

It looked offside in real time, it looked offside on VAR, but they just put up and old shit line and everyone buys it.
I thought the line should be drawn on fucking brianwtaheir (whatever his name is). He's the furthest player ahead.

Spurs go behind or lose players but keep attacking, Spurs fans question the managers tactics.
Spurs when winning, replace players with defenders to consolidate a narrow winning margin.
Spurs fans question the managers tactics.

Good luck Ange

We cannot keep conceding this many. 14 games without a clean sheet and that’s a dreadful attack Everton have and they scored twice. As did Brentford etc etc.

Top 4 is too hard to get when your chucking points. Slightly surprised it was not 3-2 to be fair. Never in control, especially 1st half.

1 clean sheet in our last 14 league matches, the 0-2 win at Nottingham Forest. I’d suspect we’re topping the table too for most points dropped from winning positions and goals conceded after the 90th minute.

The game management and composure in seeing the task out is just shocking.
As I said before, we are not too far from conteball recently when winning games, this game management is pretty horrendous, we just sit down, string some shit passes until we lose the ball and have to organize defensively again, it seems even no one will ever try to win a match again for a more than 1 goal margin.

As poor as we were, they were dreadful in second half. Set piece was there only hope of creating anything. Hope they go down with their stupid yellow cards.

He was isolated a lot of the game and had two to get through, every time, with no overlapper.

But, yeah, overall, least impressive game of his start with us.

Hojbjerg is just an abomination.

Every now and then he does a couple half-decent things and people forgive the utter poverty he brings, in general.

That’s correct

He makes the odd decent pass and tackle but so many bad ones outweigh those and his failure to track back after losing possession like he did first half is unforgivable imv

Back
Top Bottom