Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton at home are a bloody good team though to be fair. Drew with Villa a few weeks back. Destroyed Newcastle. Smashed Chelsea.

What's frustrating is the late equaliser. It most definitely feels like two points dropped.

Plenty of games left this season and I'm confident we'll get top four. But it's frustrating to concede it so late.

As I said before, we are not too far from conteball recently when winning games, this game management is pretty horrendous, we just sit down, string some shit passes until we lose the ball and have to organize defensively again, it seems even no one will ever try to win a match again for a more than 1 goal margin.
After the initial excitement of Angeball, we’ve been playing rubbish for an awful long time now.

Can't see us making CL, tbh.

But EL will be good to air out the squad and bring through Donley and the like.

If I don't see Ange going off about treatment of Vic, then I have grave concerns going forward, as every single team will be doing it.
We should make CL with it being top 5. City, Woolwich & Liverpool battling for the title. Then there is us & villa. Then a big drop to some average teams. It’s very weak again this season. Hence villa being up there.

Vic just needs to learn to be more physical & strong. He should nudge/little pushes on players getting in his way just as the ball is coming in.

Let's just face it......VAR could put up any old shit that they fancy and everyone just has to accept it.

It looked offside in real time, it looked offside on VAR, but they just put up and old shit line and everyone buys it.
The ball had left the free takers foot on the image with the line. You can see it. Cunts.

I could see that all day. Why didn’t Richarlson smash it up the line and then Kulusevski. What’s he thinking ? Waste of two points. Idiocy.
Cause they aren't allowed. Easy as that. If you've been to the Lane or even more so to away games, look at Ange's reaction when they get rid of the ball...

The Everton league position is a false one what with the point deduction. Getting a point away from home, Saturday lunch time ko isn't the worst result.

Three home games on the bounce now.

Honestly don’t understand the plaudits he gets.

Was the best of a bad bunch last season but not the level we need to take us forward

The hell you talking about????

He was our best player until he got injured and then we didn't see him for another 9 months.

A team with ambitions can't put on players like Skipp and Gil in the final 10+ minutes IMHO. They have to be replaced in the summer with much better quality players.
Gil in particular.

Nothing personal but it’s genuinely like playing with 10 at times when he’s on.
Tarkowski crunched him at one point and gave him a little patronising pat on the back after as if he had tackled a child plucked from the crowd.

It’s ridiculous we’re still giving him minutes.

Well that’s the league done now , top 4 all we got left
We were never in it, I'm not entirely sure why anyone ever thought we were.

I know "transition season" gets thrown around all too readily, but this really is. The first post Kane and Lloris season after what, 10 years? We're still comfortably well ahead of where all the usual doom mongers on here had us down to be, especially those who thought we'd be relegation candidates or lower mid table. Our season has been so interrupted by injury, suspension and AFCON/Asian cup that our new team is still yet to gel.

We're doing just fine.

Earlier in the season we had a mentality of killing teams off when we were up and we have lost that in recent months I feel.

The biggest thing that needs working on for the remainder of the season and before next season is Ange really drilling in the mentality of fighting to the final whistle in every single game and being brave enough to try and kill the game when you are on top.

It hurts not to get all 3 points.
The performance didn’t warrant 3, and it’s more gutting losing points from a winning position.
And it hurts more to say here that even though we all knew it, it’s highly unlikely finishing top spot.

However, I’m gonna try and see the positive side of this.

A point on the road against a team that’s united and playing decent football….lets face it….is something top 4 teams do. Goodison isn’t a fortress but that team/fan base is united and Dyche is the perfect fit for them now.

We played poorly. Yes. Bentancur looks way off it. Johnson was invisible. Too many mistakes by PEH. Madders still not quite there. Romero big mistake. Vic needs sorting out.

However, Madders did show a lot of life and it’s coming. Romero was generally very good today with some very good tackles, unfortunately will be remember for the mistake. Udogie/Porro we usually expect more from, but they were solid. Werner showed some good moments. And obviously Richy.

Yes. Disappointed to drop the two points, but getting a point here I’ll reluctantly take

Back
Top Bottom