Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly.

Need some of that stinking Klopp energy, on this.
Yep can you imagine what the reaction would have been if Liverpool had conceded a goal like the one Everton scored against us. The commentators would have held a minutes silence and we would never have heard the end of it.

Werner/Johnson/Bentancur/PEH have been anonymous.

Porro doesn't seem to be as influential in attack these last few weeks.

Maddison, Udogie and Richy have been class though.

Sarr and Kulu time now Ange.

Why is no one on the pitch sorting it out or Ange? Time and time again we have lost the top easy in our half. Cuti near the end just plays it straight to their player.
Passing has generally been poor and we have just not matched them physically or pressing. We have let them just come at us far too easy. Yet we hardly passed the ball around in their half.
Jedinak is up in the stands with the data analyst

You know what is coming from Everton: Plenty of hustle and bustle, long/high balls, wing play and cross spam, set pieces, and so on.

Requires a bit more of a mature performance than we've been getting in recent weeks. Control the ball, control the game, keep it played in their half of the pitch, keep the set pieces and silly fouls given away to a minimum, don't let the game be wide open/end to end, especially if we find ourselves ahead... just lock down the fucking match. Can play smart and still let our football do the talking.
This is what I said pre-game.... we have done the complete opposite, and therefore predictably it's been a struggle.

I was deliberately making a note of it: after the 16th minute up until the equaliser on the half hour we didn't manage to complete proper consecutive passes in their half. We've then gone ahead again somehow, and again resorted to being unable to keep and play the ball, doing daft stuff, giving away cheap set pieces, and putting ourselves under pressure. You can argue whether they are fouling the keeper, or whether he should do better, but we're giving them territory, momentum, and pressure at will - asking for trouble however the opposition goes about it.

Really, it's been a bit rubbish thus far. Performances have definitely slid in recent weeks, and I'm not having it's because of players missing or whatever. Before Xmas with a really patched up team we might have been losing but we were still knocking the ball about and dominating games. Since the new year, for whatever reason, nah.

It doesn't help though when the midfield has Bentancur and Maddison who look so far off it fitness and intensity wise, the players you want to grab the game and dictate it are passive flimsy observers for the most part.

Ultimately though hope Ange is bollocking them. Get out there, play properly, knock it about, get it won.

The narrative on the American feed is that Vicario is a 'flapper'.

That he needs to toughen up or get a teammate to remove Harrison (or other encroacher) from his breathing-room.

I usually hate Tim Howard’s analysis but he’s saying Vic needs to be going at those balls with one arm on the shoulder and punching with the other instead of going at it with two hands.

If they’re going to try and lean into you, use their body as a catapult to get up above.

Also saying one of ours needs to bulldoze Harrison every time make sure he’s not there.

When a Everton players is obstructing him is it then fair if Vic just pushes him hard out the way ?
Or would the cunt give a pen ?
How does prison footy work? Never been inside myself

The way I see it, the foul in question on the goal is never getting called if it isn’t a keeper, so expecting it to be called just because it’s on Vic is unjustified.
That being said, definitely getting a little ridiculous on some of the other corners that weren’t called.

As a keeper though, I’m calling someone over. Vic shouldn’t be dealing with it on his own .

Back
Top Bottom