Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I usually hate Tim Howard’s analysis but he’s saying Vic needs to be going at those balls with one arm on the shoulder and punching with the other instead of going at it with two hands.

If they’re going to try and lean into you, use their body as a catapult to get up above.

Also saying one of ours needs to bulldoze Harrison every time make sure he’s not there.
TBF, it was Rebecca Lowe with the parting "flapper" quip towards Vicario as they were cutting to commercial break.

You do it before the corner with a man on the line.
We have brought this on ourselves by not protecting Vicario against City.
This won’t be the last time a team uses this tactic against us until we start being more aggressive defending this.

Yup Moyes and Arteta licking their lips watching this, we need to get much smarter on set pieces.

I usually hate Tim Howard’s analysis but he’s saying Vic needs to be going at those balls with one arm on the shoulder and punching with the other instead of going at it with two hands.

If they’re going to try and lean into you, use their body as a catapult to get up above.

Also saying one of ours needs to bulldoze Harrison every time make sure he’s not there.
I actually got to meet Tim once. Our kids were at an ODP training session in Nashville and the field my son was on was next to the one his daughter was on. He was just like a regular dude sitting in a chair taking pictures of his kid.

It's just fucking UNNACEPTABLE treatment of Vic ffs.

The more I think about it, the more enraged I'm getting.

3 fucking games IN A ROW, now... and no fucking protection.

Bet if it catches fire and all teams do it to each other, pundits would say it needs to be cut out.

But, because it's us they think it's open season pisstaking.

Nah, absolutely no.

Ange, time to get grizzly, mate.

Well, if we start the 2nd half today like we did on Wednesday, we'll be out of sight...
3 games in a row where we've started slowly/disjointed, but at least today we have 2 goals and a lead to show for it...
We didn't lay a glove on either Man City or Brentford in the 1st half of those games.

We've clearly been better in the 2nd half in recent games, so let's hope that continues today!

Bet if it catches fire and all teams do it to each other, pundits would say it needs to be cut out.

but because it's us they think it's open season pisstaking.

Nah, absolutely no.

This kind of scenario would incur a Klopp interview/press conference meltdown and refereeing decisions would *conveniently* go in their favour afterwards to rectify it.

We'll see what Ange does.

"Law 12:

Indirect Free Kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
  • impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made"

It should be a foul.

If Vicario were to "BE STRONGER" like pundits seem to suggest, give the attacker a little shove when the corner is delivered - you can bet a penalty would be given against us and not many other teams.

It's kind of a situation where the referee can just allow what they want. Historically keepers were protected and couldn't be touched in the area. Now it can literally be whatever the ref does or doesn't fancy or find funny.

But, because it's us they think it's open season pisstaking.

Nah, absolutely no.

As i said in an earlier post! Gonna be really interesting to see if teams do this to the other "big" teams, and how that will be handled by the ref's!

Have to say it was a superb ball for their goal. Even if he had not been nudged I doubt if Vic would have got it away.

Rubbish.. He got a hand to it as it was.... No foul and he makes even better contact and the ball is clear.

"Law 12:

Indirect Free Kick

An indirect free kick is awarded if a player:
  • impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made"

It should be a foul.

If Vicario were to "BE STRONGER" like pundits seem to suggest, give the attacker a little shove when the corner is delivered - you can bet a penalty would be given against us and not many other teams.

It's kind of a situation where the referee can just allow what they want. Historically keepers were protected and couldn't be touched in the area. Now it can literally be whatever the ref does or doesn't fancy or find funny.
I read that too, but there was contact, so does this apply?

...as a sidenote, I've just noticed that the female presenter in the TNT studio AND Joe Cole are wearing our colours!!!

Subtle/subliminal??

We need to protect the wide areas better. I think sarr needs to come on for hojbjerg and kulusevski needs to come on for Johnson.
Some will say we don't need to do that, at all, believe it, or not.

And BJ's deficiency in that department is just fine.

I dunno....

Anyway, he did start the game with more grit,, tbf, to him.

but, we cannot continue to give away corner, here... clearly.

Ange got a lot to sort out in there.

Back
Top Bottom