Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vicario played a big part.

I really doubted why the Club were buying him, and in fairness didn't know a lot about him.

Show's how much i know about the player market, and our scouting, that since Paratici has been with us (and obviously now not) have improved beyond recognition.

January will be a big month for us and as important as next Summer in my humble opinion.

Whilst these cunts are moaning about an actual foul being a foul, are any of them questioning why Tarchovski wasn't sent off for an outrageous scissor challenge that he actually got a free kick for? Or McNeil not being sent off for the most obvious stamp this side of the Rashford one in the champions league?

I didn't enjoy that one bit.

Really hanging on at the end there, but i'll say this about today, In years gone past, spurs would've capitulated under that pressure, and no doubt would've lost, so to win that one is massive progress.

With all the injuries and suspensions, we will have to dig in for a few more weeks, but if we can grind out wins like today and hang in there, there could be something special coming to this club very soon.

With Bentancur, Madders, Bissouma, Micky and Udogie and the like in that side we would have been four up by halftime.

For anyone to suggest an easy win with that lineup would have been a little arrogant.

What we can hopefully look for is an injury free second half to the season, two or three additions in January and Romero and Bissouma keeping control of their emotions.

I have seen nothing from that Scouse game today to suggest that they or Woolwich should hold any fear for us.

Whilst these cunts are moaning about an actual foul being a foul, are any of them questioning why Tarchovski wasn't sent off for an outrageous scissor challenge that he actually got a free kick for? Or McNeil not being sent off for the most obvious stamp this side of the Rashford one in the champions league?

The ref did make some very strange decisions today in both directions.

I didn't enjoy that one bit.

Really hanging on at the end there, but i'll say this about today, In years gone past, spurs would've capitulated under that pressure, and no doubt would've lost, so to win that one is massive progress.

With all the injuries and suspensions, we will have to dig in for a few more weeks, but if we can grind out wins like today and hang in there, there could be something special coming to this club very soon.
It's funny how we see games differently.

Don't know if you were there or watching on telly like me but I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Yeah, a bit hairy at the end but you're going to get that the way we play.

I was hugely entertained, some of our one touch play was sublime. That's what I'll remember rather than shitting it that they would equalise. All in all it was a great game of football.

The offside that was flagged may still have stood as the player in front clearly went for the ball and only missed it by a whisker. You could make a pretty strong case (stronger than many I've seen) that he was interfering with play as he would have certainly been on Vic's mind, maybe more than the second forward who actually got to it.
If they had disallowed another Everton goal right at the death then I fear Sean Dyche's ginger head may have exploded.

Shocked Bow Tie GIF by Muppet Wiki

Got to game with minutes to spare. Dog started chucking up as i was just leaving and ticket office had big arse ques.
But mist important, we got 3 points and the dogs ok now
Wondered where you'd got to. Managed to meet up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , 1882 1882 , Spurshaker Spurshaker , Henry Hotspur Henry Hotspur and MiddxSpur .
However, sorry chaps, highlight of the day was seeing Paul (Maxie) Miller on the platform at Northumberland Park and we had a lovely, long chat all the way to Stratford. We shared memories about living in Bethnal Green and not having a bathroom and sharing an outside loo!

Back
Top Bottom