Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ESPN commentators unbelievable rationalising the goal and the foul, in particular koogle Keegan "if the referee gives it, we'd have 6 penalties a game".

BUT IT'S STILL A FOUL ACCORDING TO THE RULES OF FOOTBALL, KEVIN

Doesn't look good at HT I'm afraid, but'll I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Anichebe looks a very dangerous holding player, rarely looses possession, and always seems to set up an attacking move rather than passing backwards or otherwise harmlessly. Wish we had a player like that. We seem to want to have defenders in front of us so we can build up some really complicated type of assault on goal. We've had chances to put players in behind their defence but have been reluctant to do so, instead usually just passing back and restarting the attack against a much better organised defence.

Also, considering how many times we concede from corners we should try to copy what the opposition do, then maybe our corners wouldn't end up being easily caught by the gk so often (ie cheat by having someone like Anichebe jump in front of the gk)

I can't see Adebayor getting a second to be honest, and Holtby, Siggy and Dempsey seem not to know how to score, so we'll have to rely on Vertonghen or Dembele/Walker to score a screamer.

Hope I'm wrong, we really need to win this one, COYS!

i hope we get some luck back our way for a change. And seriously, i dont understand what Dempsey gives us? I love everyone of our team, but my patience is running low with this guy, who when he plays seems to be anonymous throughout. I could live with that if he scored but....

Anichebe looks a very dangerous holding player, rarely looses possession, and always seems to set up an attacking move rather than passing backwards or otherwise harmlessly. Wish we had a player like that. We seem to want to have defenders in front of us so we can build up some really complicated type of assault on goal. We've had chances to put players in behind their defence but have been reluctant to do so, instead usually just passing back and restarting the attack against a much better organised defence.

Also, considering how many times we concede from corners we should try to copy what the opposition do, then maybe our corners wouldn't end up being easily caught by the gk so often (ie cheat by having someone like Anichebe jump in front of the gk)

I can't see Adebayor getting a second to be honest, and Holtby, Siggy and Dempsey seem not to know how to score, so we'll have to rely on Vertonghen or Dembele/Walker to score a screamer.

Hope I'm wrong, we really need to win this one, COYS!

Good post, agree.

Also, it's a worry, that Parker and Dembele don't go tandem well, often leaving a HUGE space in front of our defenders.

If we play like that against Chelsea (Mata/Oscar) and City (Yaya/Silva) it will be tennis score defeats

Anichebe looks a very dangerous...

To be fair Anichebe looks dangerous against everyone, have you seen the size of that man! Defenders must know they are in for a loong day when he's on the prowl.

Back
Top Bottom